Kijiji is part of eBay Classifieds Group (eCG), a subsidiary of eBay and a global leader in online classifieds with eleven brands that span the globe. We supplement our deep local knowledge with constant collaboration and idea sharing between our global peers. We have succeeded because we get the best of both worlds: we behave like a dynamic start-up, with the support and leadership of an established business.
About the team:
We are a part of the eBay Group of companies, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities - whether it’s a car, a job, an apartment, a sofa, a concert ticket, financial services and more. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. Please visit our group website www.ebayclassifiedsgroup.com for more information.
Looking for a company that encourages passion, courage, and creativity, where you are part of a team forging the future of global commerce? If you are passionate about joining a purpose-driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.In Italy, eBay Classifieds Group is present with two properties:
The job position is based in our Milan office, which is close to the central station and is a fixed-term contract role for 12 months.
As a backend engineer you will be responsible for developing and delivering high-quality features and finish tasks to a high standard. You’ll be part of a team working with QA, DevOps, frontend engineers and product owners, focusing on extending and improving our high traffic platform, maintaining and advocating strong development standards.
We’re looking for:
- Experience in Java development, TDD and object oriented programming
- Knowledge of the Spring framework and of microservices architecture concepts
- Experience in web and rest API development, delivering high performing, clean code
- Experience in using relational databases and NoSQL storages
- Knowledge of continuous integration and web security concepts
- Good English skills
What you can expect from us:
- A collaborative, informal, international and playful work environment
- Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as an engineer and as a person
- Work with modern technologies such as Java 8, Elasticsearch, Redis
- Access to tools and resources to be the best at your job (MacBook Pro, IDE of your choice, free drinks machine and a variety of other food, beverages and fruit throughout the day)
- Restaurant ticket
- Healthcare cover for medical, dental and vision
- Parental leave policy available
- Networking, learning and global travel opportunities across eBay Classifieds Group
- Opportunity to attend tech conferences, courses, hackathons and workshops
- Flexible working patterns and occasional work-from-home supported
- Outstanding working environment with height-adjustable desks, top quality chairs and big external screens
- Free fruits, snacks, soft drinks, coffee and tea
- Free on-site massages and English classes
We offer an exciting role where you will have the opportunity to influence your everyday life and work, and where you are part of an international company with colleagues all over the world.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Kijiji is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: