Software Engineer (Contract position)
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are passionate about connecting buyers and sellers around the world and creating opportunities through commerce and technology. Our responsibilities include all aspects of eBay’s business in the EMEA region including eBay’s operations in major European markets -- UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain -- as well as driving growth in emerging markets such as Turkey.
eBay is looking for a Software Engineer (Contrato por obra y servicio) to join the team in Madrid. This is an amazing opportunity to join a world e-commerce leader and directly impact the lives of a global population of buyers and sellers!
The eBay Emerging European Countries (EEC) Product Development team is based in Madrid and is part of the global Core Product and Technology team. We enable commerce at scale, and have massive customer impact building solutions targeted towards our customers in Spain, Italy, France and other parts of Europe. Whilst doing all this, we are on a mission to improve the eBay technology stack and drive agile adoption.
We seek for the highest quality, and work in small focused teams following bits of Scrum, bits of Kanban, with a healthy dose of Extreme Programming (p.s. these aren't buzzwords, we actually do this stuff).
Our multi-functional teams have product management and all aspects of development (including DevOps and Testing), all working together every day. Our engineers decide the right tools for the job and they pair on pretty much everything, so you should enjoy that!
Working at eBay is a rewarding, challenging and inspiring experience.
As a Software Engineer in the eBay EEC Product Development team, you will:
- Build and extend core products, designing and coding elegant front-end and/or backend solutions to solve customer problems
- Experiment with new technologies to make the lives of eBay customers better
- Rollout new platform features in local markets
- Lead by example by applying and advocating the best software development practices including TDD, clean code, continuous refactoring, code reviews and pair programming
- Testing at all levels (unit, integration, and UI)
What we are looking for in candidates:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years professional experience in software development working in teams
- Deep understanding of object oriented design and best coding practices
- Strong coding skills in Java
- Experience building software in large distributed systems and web services
- Agile mindset - someone who truly adopts the Agile values and understands the difference between being Agile and doing Agile
- Growth mindset - someone who enjoys learning new things every day, not afraid of new challenges, open to picking up new languages and frameworks when the situation arises and coming up to speed on various existing eBay technologies for an internal open source model where we work in a variety of projects and codebases.
- Phenomenal teammate - someone who is willing to collaborate with colleagues to achieve common goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in English and in one or more of Spanish, Italian, French
What we offer
- A competitive salary and extraordinary benefits (health insurance, meal tickets, transport card and more)
- A dynamic, international team with very skilled people, passion for e-commerce and technology, dedication and a good sense of humor
- The opportunity to work closely with other eBay teams across the globe
- The chance to create applications which are used by millions of people globally
- Flexible work schedule
- Free access to online learning resources and annual budget for training and conferences
- Free running, yoga and pilates classes
- Free coffee and fruit
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: