Int'l Marketing Strategy & Planning
International Marketing Strategy & Planning
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people through inspiring event experiences. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards™. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience.
StubHub is an eBay company (NASDAQ: EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visit StubHub.com or follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or YouTube.com/StubHub.
StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
We’ve got an incredible opportunity for a hungry and talented marketing generalist to join our new international marketing team reporting directly to the International CMO. This core role will be operating as the right-hand to the CMO, driving central marketing strategy, planning and operations workstreams. This person will partner closely with our central CBT team, regional Marketing Managers, the marketing channel teams, Business, Finance and Analytics to operationalize the marketing strategy, deliver impact and lead various initiatives. This is a rare, one-of-a kind role, that provides a broad platform to get exposed to a number of different areas in marketing, bring creative & data driven ideas to the table and drive impact.
Primary job responsibilities:
The International Marketing Strategy & Operations is a Full- time role. What you will do:
1. Marketing Strategy
Partner with the relevant central and regional teams to advise the Int’l CMO and Business on marketing growth opportunities, including but not limited to:
Identification of profitable growth markets / pockets to focus on
- Optimal channel mix by region / segment
- Priority genres, events, venues, audience segments to focus on
- User experience (mobile vs. app vs. desktop) and landing page strategy
- Net new initiatives / growth opportunities for marketing (e.g. merchandising, new channels etc)
Responsible for operationalizing the marketing strategy with the collective marketing team
Lead Int’l Marketing Learning agenda and innovation forum to share best practices and scale high performing tactics across regions / teams
Lead ad hoc strategic marketing projects
2. Marketing Planning & Operations
- Lead annual and quarterly planning for marketing
- Cross functional partner to regional marketing and channel teams to identify synergies and improve ways of working
- Lead marketing initiatives (e.g. traffic generation initiative)
- Work closely with Product, Finance, Legal, and other cross functional stakeholders to resolve operational issues as they arise (e.g. tagging, primary partner support etc)
- Partner with the NorAm team to implement relevant operational processes, best practices, tools and ways of working
3. Marketing Performance
- Responsible for partnering with channel teams, Analytics and Finance to regularly review marketing performance and understand key drivers of under/over performance
- Lead the development of relevant International summary marketing reporting views to extract key insights to inform our future marketing approach - e.g. marketing performance and spend across the International portfolio, versions by market / by channel etc
- Be a key stakeholder to guide practical attribution and measurement testing with Analytics and Finance
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO:
Be an organised, collaborative and energetic individual, empowering cross functional teams to achieve shared business goals
Provide customer driven strategic thinking while being operationally focused to drive execution
Be analytically savvy and translate numbers into actions
Have a passion for live events to bring creative ideas on how to reach our audiences more innovatively.
Education, Skills & Experience:
Must have a bachelor’s degree in related fields: Marketing, Business etc., MBA is a plus
Minimum 8 years experience in online business, e-commerce, brand building with a demonstrable success track.
Team leader who makes people come together, give the best of themselves and creates culture
Team player that easily collaborates with fellow marketing leaders and other department leaders
You have experience working with global teams, EMEA specific experience a plus
Results & data oriented
Business-minded approach, able to move from the big picture/ strategic perspective to quick turnaround tactical execution – not afraid to roll up sleeves and get hands on
Creative in approach and able to work with a blank sheet of paper as well as able to make skillful use of data and analytics
Passion and conviction for ideas and proposals – collaborator with first-rate communication and influencing skills
English is required. Any other languages is a plus
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: