Social Media and Content Manager
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes.
eBay’s strategic vision is to become the best global marketplace for buyers and sellers through a tech-led reimagination of the company. Looking for a purpose-driven company that puts the customer at the heart of everything? A culture that encourages people to think big and be curious, to act with urgency and integrity and to be fearlessly inclusive? That’s who we are. If this sounds compelling, join eBay!
We are seeking a social media and content marketing specialist to work in the eBay UK social team leading on social first campaigns and influencer excellence. The ideal candidate should be customer obsessed, an excellent creative thinker and have a strong analytical approach.
This position will look at social strategy, content strategy, paid media and creative output across eBay’s social activity across the UK channels. Working closely multiple teams across the business, this role will have multiple partners and agencies to manage.
The role will report into the social lead and will support on planning and execution of both organic and paid social.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Coordinating paid media strategy across evergreen and strategic campaigns, owning paid boosting of always-on content and supporting social lead / paid media specialist and agencies on strategic campaign planning
- Supporting the social media executive with our always-on roster of influencers
- Working with our dedicated influencer agency to run high-profile celebrity and influencer led campaigns
- Social listening – making sure we keep our finger on the pulse with what our customers are saying about us and how and where we need to show up as a brand plus tracking what our competitors are up to
- Continuously monitoring performance and measurement, suggesting solutions and ensuring content and campaigns exceed performance metrics
- Working with agencies and platforms on the creative vision to drive best in class content and case study worthy campaigns
- Driving social excellence and innovation for the brand, putting eBay at the forefront of new technology and creative cut through
- Putting forward and developing bespoke social media strategies for all paid campaigns– across platform and support the organic team on owned channel strategy
- Working closely with social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat etc), making eBay the go-to brand partner for testing new ad formats and betas
- Keeping on top of emerging trends, tech and ad products, ensuring we are at the forefront of innovation and testing.
Skills and experience needed
- Proven track record of creativity and producing social-first creative
- Personal and professional familiarity across all channels and standout competitors knowledge
- Solid understanding of more emerging platforms such as Twitch, Clubhouse, Discord
- Experience working on content at scale, constantly evolving priorities and large paid budgets
- Passionate about social, influencer and digital trends
- Detail orientated and driven self-starter, experience of juggling various priorities and projects
- Analytical, able to analyse and utilize data to help inform future decisions
- Customer obsessed and passionate about inspiring and engaging audiences
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you can bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.