Senior iOS Engineer
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds, with sites that span the globe. We are a part of the eBay Group of companies, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities - whether it’s a car, a job, an apartment, a sofa, a concert ticket, financial services and more. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
We’re looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to join our international team of engineers at ECG. We are situated by Richmond Riverside, close to the Common and just a short stroll from Richmond station. Easily accessible by either train or district line,you would be joining a team of 30+ engineers, improving our app, delivering value to millions, while having fun in a diverse and rewarding environment.
What you can expect from us:
- A collaborative, informal, international and playful work environment with self-organised, multi-disciplinary Agile teams.
- Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as an engineer and as a person.
- Ability to join and participate in multiple internal interest groups in Gumtree and across ECG in trending topics like DevOps, Data engineering, mobile development, and others.
- Access to tools and resources to be the best at your job (MacBook Pro, IDE of your choice, free drinks machine and a variety of other beverages, free breakfast and fruit throughout the day).
- Loads of other perks.
You would be part a multi-functional Agile team, together with QA, UX, Backend and Android Engineers, focussing on extending, solving challenges, and improving our high traffic app, while mentoring engineers around you, assisting in pull request reviews, hiring, maintaining and advocating strong development standards.
- Experience in Swift and Objective C development and usage of Rest APIs.
- Extensive experience in web development, delivering high performing, clean code
- Comfortable providing and receiving constructive criticism, particularly while participating in code reviews
- Familiar working in Agile teams and delivering software using Agile methodologies
- Be a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business craft efficient and effective requirements
- Flexible working patterns and occasional work-from-home supported.
- Full medical, dental and vision healthcare cover.
- Pension scheme.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Parental leave policy and Cycle-scheme available.
- Networking, learning and global travel opportunities
- Regular Tech Talks, Hackathons and workshops.
- Outstanding working environment with height-adjustable desks and Aeron chairs.
- Free breakfast, fruit, snacks, soft drinks, coffee and tea.
- Free on-site massages, yoga, pilates and fitness bootcamps.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: