Senior Consumer PR Manager
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
We are responsible for managing, protecting and strengthening the company’s brand and reputation among key stakeholders. We play a critical role in eBay’s brand strategy, positioning the company as a global leader in the commerce revolution. One of our primary areas of focus has been to drive consumer brand consideration of eBay, activate a differentiated eBay brand, and bring the company’s Purpose to life. We are comprised of more than 100 people, globally, activating a modern, robust, and dynamic communications system that deploys cutting-edge tools, technologies and techniques to drive business impact. We are propelling eBay’s Purpose by elevating its Global Impact, highlighting how eBay creates a better, more sustainable form of commerce—where people are empowered, causes are supported and opportunities are open to everyone.
This is an exciting opportunity for a strategic and creative thinker with significant experience in devising high-profile consumer PR strategies which deliver against business objectives and articulate key messages in an impactful and engaging way. This role builds, leads and executes the full mix of consumer comms of one of the UK’s leading online shopping destinations, focusing particularly on authentic story telling around our base of 300,000 SME sellers, driving awareness and customer consideration of eBay at key moments in the retail calendar
A core element of the job is being tactically aware - knowledgeable about what’s going on in the media and on eBay being able to marry the two at short notice for maximum PR benefit. It requires a strategic thinker with impressive media connections, extensive experience of leading a PR team in a large, complex organisation and with a strong understanding of how this aligns with the wider marketing communications mix.
Based in Richmond and reporting to the UK Communications Director, the successful candidate will be a key member of the coordinated communications team.
Duties & responsibilities
- Working closely with brand, social media and trading teams to develop a consumer PR strategy in line with business needs
- Lead and deliver an impactful media relations strategy which drives consideration of eBay as a place to shop across a number of different categories including technology, home and garden and fashion
- Utilise internal data and eBay seller stories to build a constant-flow of broadcast, editorial, and other press opportunities
- Cultivate brand improving strategic partnerships to help build the eBay’s brand credentials in the UK
- Handle agency partners and external resources to deliver outstanding campaigns
- Lead one direct report.
- 10+ years of consumer PR experience preferably in a large matrixed organisation in retail, FMCG, consumer tech or lifestyle brands.
- Hardworking and experienced media handler with ‘front line’ comms experience, borne through extensive media relationships
- Highly developed verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and project management skills with a focus on planning, setting priorities, executing process, and delivering results under tight time constraints
- The ability to be strategic, yet also execute
- Proven experience of building and maintaining positive relationships with key partners. Able to quickly build credibility and become a sought-after resource for communications advice
- Excellent problem-solver with a high level of resilience, maturity, sound judgment and emotional maturity
- Ambitious self-starter; willing to take initiative with confidence
- Creativity and the ability to build consumer campaigns that span platforms: earned media, digital channels
- Outside-in perspective. The drive and desire to stay close to industry trends & implement standard methodology
- Creative and persuasive. A guide storyteller – for internal and external audiences
- Personal passion for digital channels – e.g. demonstrated through own social presence
- Energetic and personally passionate about crafting and delivering ambitious plans and being part of a brand that continues to disrupt shopping, for the better
- Hands-on, ‘roll up sleeves’ approach, and ability, to getting the job done
- And of course, an active user of eBay, with passion for the brand.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: