Sales Manager - Motors
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends.
Gumtree is part of the eBay Classified Group, the world leader in online classifieds.
Founded in London in 2000, Gumtree today is the UK’s leading classified site, with over 11.5m unique visitors every month and over 9.5m app downloads. The platform enables people to trade everything from cars to home items and find jobs, local services, community events and even somewhere to live!
Our mission is to help create a world where people share more and waste less. Our focus is on delivering a first class trading experience founded on the classified pillars of ‘Local, Free and Easy’.
eBay Motors Group – Seen. Sold. Simple.
Launched at the beginning of 2020, the eBay Motors Group (eMG) is our new dealer-facing brand that brings together eBay Motors, Gumtree Motors, Motors.co.uk and the eMG partner network brands, to help dealers of all sizes reach buyers throughout their journey.
Strengthening our position in the motors listing market, we now provide dealers with a seamless way of advertise their vehicles. We continue to have ambitious plans for double digit annual growth, backed by significant investment and a robust strategic plan. You will be joining us at a very exciting time, a pivotal moment on our journey, that opens up many new opportunities for us to capitalise on.
You will be responsible for leading and growing one of our new eMG Account Management teams, leading from the front, to help us achieve our ambitious growth plans. The core objective will be to convert clients to our new proposition while retraining business and providing an outstanding experience to our dealers. Working closely with the Head of Motor Sales, you will define the strategy for the team, and build a comprehensive sales plan.
What we are looking for:
- You will have several years’ management experience and a proven track record of training, mentoring and coaching a team of sales professionals. We’re also looking for the following attributes:
- The ability to build rapport with customers and various partners across the wider business becoming one of the “go to” people in our Motors division.
- A strong understanding of key metrics so that performance indicators can be utilised to further enhance the daily sales effort and continually improve performance of your team.
- A high level of emotional intelligence.
- The ability to identify sales opportunities and cross-sell/upsell these through effective questioning and solution orientated selling.
- Conduct on the job mentoring with your team, passing on your commercial skills and experience.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully leading the sales team
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, mentoring and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
What we offer:
In return for bringing your skills and experience to lead the team we will offer you the opportunity to grow and have the flexibility to put your own stamp on the role.
The position commands a very competitive salary and OTE, as well as an outstanding pension scheme and additional benefits including a healthcare scheme. You’ll start with 25 days holiday and this will increase to 26 after 2 years’ service, then continue to increase every year from then until you reach 29 days.
You’ll also have the satisfaction of making a meaningful contribution to Gumtree’s further success and lead a newly formed team selling a significantly improved Motors proposition at one of the most well-known tech brands in the UK – the opportunities are endless.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: