Gumtree is part of the eBay Classifieds Group (eCG), an innovative leader in online classifieds with 13 brands that span the globe.
With over 14.5M unique visitors every month and over 9.5M app downloads, Gumtree is the UK's leading classifieds site. Founded in London in 2000, on Gumtree you can buy and sell everything from cars to home items and find jobs, local services, community events and even somewhere to live. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they're fun, easy to use and built on trust.
We are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We are run like a start-up, yet anchored in the global portfolio of eBay businesses. We invite you to join us. This is a big opportunity to improve customer experience through innovation, impact revenues and advance our team. In turn, we will work with you to grow your career in Gumtree and eBay.
As the Product Manager for a dedicated cross-functional squad, you will work together to discover and deliver products that bring value for our users, contribute to our business OKRs (Objectives & Key Results) and align with our strategic vision.
- Data-driven delivery of changes to the product to impact Business Objectives and Key Results.
- Advocate for the customer; develop a deep understanding of our customers and their needs. You ensure that customer centricity is a critical part of any decision.
- Synthesize customer and business insights, using quantitative and qualitative data to inform the discovery of new product opportunities.
- Partner with highly skilled technology, design, analytics and commercial team members to identify potential solutions to known customer and business problems.
- Identify key assumptions and hypotheses to validate; for example through experimentation.
- Prioritise the product backlog, balancing quality, consumer and commercial value with a pragmatic mindset.
- Envangelise and align the product vision across teams and functions within a fast moving, results-oriented culture.
Does that sound like you?
Preferred skills and experience:
- 5 years Product Management experience.
- Open and honest communication style
- Ability to context switch in the detail whilst keeping in mind the bigger picture Product vision.
- Experience in digital media, technology, eCommerce or classifieds preferred.
- Strong stakeholder management skills to influence across multiple teams.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to frame problems, collect data, perform analysis, arrive at valid conclusions and present data and insights to influence others.
- Resourceful with ability to get things done. Capable of operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, across multiple teams and balancing multiple priorities.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and different measures of product discovery, including quantitative (e.g. A/B-testing) and qualitative (e.g. usability testing) methods.
- Natural consensus-builder and collaborative decision-making style across partners, commercial, design and engineering teams.
- Self-motivated and results driven, with an ability to challenge the status quo and articulate a path to get there.
- Curious and passionate about learning and building phenomenal products to help us and our partners grow.
- Ability to quickly follow-up on impediments – having a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Team player with excellent collaboration, communication and organisation skills.
- Strong sense of fun, operating with humour and a positive demeanour to enthuse and engage people.
- Passion for digital media, classifieds and Gumtree.
What Gumtree offers:
- Growth opportunities working on global products in a start-up like environment.
- Dynamic professional product and technology teams.
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility.
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- A family friendly company
- Competitive salary, including stock plan and company incentives.
- Conference and education budget.
- Developer-grade notebook or desktop of your choice (Mac/PC) and many other perks!
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work..
To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: