Product Analyst - Gumtree UK
Gumtree is part of the eBay Classifieds Group (eCG), an innovative leader in online classifieds with 13 brands that span the globe.
With over 14.5M unique visitors every month and over 9.5M app downloads, Gumtree is the UK’s leading classifieds site. Founded in London in 2000, on Gumtree you can buy and sell everything from cars to home items and find jobs, local services, community events and even somewhere to live. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust. We are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us. This is a big responsibility; you will improve customer experience through innovation, impact revenues and advance our team. In turn, we will work with you to grow your career in Gumtree and eBay.
Voice of the customer
We believe that data is the voice of the customer. Through customer research and continuous experimentation, we make sure the customer is involved in building the best classifieds experience in the world. We have organized ourselves as teams around the key strategic priorities of Gumtree. Every team is a cross functional team consisting of product managers, business owners, UX designers, developers, analysts and marketers. We are rapidly moving to a future where not people, but the data decide what to serve the customer. To ensure data driven decision-making in all parts of our development process, we need to bring knowledge of standard methodologies in experimentation and validation in the entire organization to the next level.
We are looking for a creative, experienced, results-oriented product analyst that can help us get the needed analyses done, as well as bring the team knowledge to the next level.
That’s you! You see the possibilities in all the data we have, and know how show multidisciplinary teams how to use it to find the best opportunities to build even more awesome product features.
- Ensure that the multidisciplinary development team has the ability to take the right decisions by
- Collaborate with the squad to set up AB / MVT experiments
- Validating the impact of the product and technology team
- Finding opportunities to improve our product by analyzing customer behavior
- Communicate insights clearly in language understandable by the rest of the business
- Be the data evangelist that works with product managers, engineers, data scientists and other product analysts to make sure we make the best use of available data to drive product features that support our objectives
- Help the overall team decide what data to capture, how to model it and set it up in such a way that we can use this data to improve customer experience and find commercial opportunities
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytics or data science environment
- Strong communicator and fluent in English
- Demonstrating creativity and initiative, and acting in a result orientated way.
- Prior experience working with multidisciplinary development teams and/or an online environment is an added advantage
- Degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Econometrics, Statistics etc)
- Excellent at working with huge amounts of data, both in conventional data bases (SQL) as well as distributed technologies (Hadoop and Spark)
- Solid experience with the use of appropriate statistical tools (in f.e. R or Python) to validate outcomes
- Proven experience coaching teams to improve way of working with data
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Gumtree is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: