Marketing Manager – Campaign Delivery
Marketing Manager – Campaign Delivery & Optimisation
At eBay we’re passionate about connecting people with the things they love. As the world’s biggest online marketplace, we pride ourselves on technology-led innovation and want to help shape the future of commerce in the UK and the world.
We put our customers, buyers and sellers, at the centre of everything we do. We honour where we came from–we’re still about pre-loved items, but today, 83% of products on ebay.co.uk are new.
As a global brand our purpose is to create opportunities:
- For individual sellers, small businesses and large merchants worldwide
- For shoppers seeking value, selection and convenience
- For our people, who aspire to make the world better
We offer a phenomenal culture and working environment, and this is an exciting opportunity to take the step in your career at one of the world’s most influential brands.
This role will work in the Marketing Campaign Delivery & Optimisation (Retail, Selling and Loyalty) Team, owning the creative development, delivery and optimisation of our owned channel digital marketing campaigns. You will be responsible for how we show up to our customers every day and at critical retail moments (Christmas, Black Friday, Sale) both onsite across app, mweb and desktop, and in email.
This opportunity will be focused on delivering impactful, integrated multi-channel campaigns from creative brief to execution. You will effectively lead through a fast paced, fast changing environment and be proactive in recommending how we engage and encourage our customers, and use our technology to improve campaign performance to deliver on best practice digital marketing.
- Responsible for translating business propositions into inspiring and engaging marketing campaigns, and executing across owned channels (onsite, mweb, app and email)
- Being responsible for the evolution of creative development for campaigns based on consumer insight and fitting with brand guidelines
- Responsible for developing channel plans and optimising campaigns
- Management of internal stakeholder relationships to meet briefing deadlines and ensure campaigns are delivered on time and of the highest quality
- Improvement of campaign personalisation and targeting to maximise relevancy and performance across different customer segments
- Managing agency relationships to ensure a high quality of work and drive innovation/ improvement of our approach
- Working with the Planning and Propositions Team to identify consumer patterns and trends to ensure all customer audience segments receive relevant content
- Presentation of campaigns to internal partners to engage, influence and encourage
- Management of cross-functional relationships and actively mentoring other members of the team to deliver best practice marketing campaigns
- Cross-country collaboration with channel leads based in Zurich (e.g. CRM, email, display) and marketing operational team in Prague
- Analysis of real-time channel performance and post-campaign analysis
- Sharing actionable insights and takeaways for ongoing campaign optimisation alongside looking for ways to improve the performance of each channel and of the campaign overall
- Proactively sharing knowledge across the company through a range of channels
- Operate as a creative adviser and technical guide to the marketing leadership team
- Act as brand guardian for all owned channel activity
- Champion eBay, the customer and their needs
Customer obsessed, driven and operationally focused? We would love to hear from you! Does prioritisation, organisation and attention to detail come naturally to help you to deliver this? With this skillset, creativity and an excellent communication style, you gain trust and confidence with people at all levels ensuring collaboration and alignment across multiple business functions. Working independently and proactively, you will form relationships with ease and drive a positive culture in the workplace.
Your marketing experience will have focused on translating marketing propositions into outstanding multi-channel retail campaigns, from defining the owned channel executional strategy and managing the creative evolution and campaign execution to real-time optimisation and in-depth post-campaign analysis. You will be able to demonstrate a solid track record of delivery under pressure and the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced business environment.
An in-depth knowledge of B2C marketing and campaign delivery is key, and technical expertise of digital marketing platforms, email marketing, dynamic content, segmentation, integration and activation is a must have. You must be phenomenal at identifying and implementing innovative marketing tactics to deliver commercial results with the ability to create marketing plans using the most appropriate channels with messaging that resonates with customers
An expert in digital marketing, with around eight years’ experience gained in a marketing role (ideally within online retail) with relevant qualifications welcome but not critical as on the job experience is key to this exciting role! Being a whizz on Excel, Powerpoint and Word with excellent verbal and written communication skills is a requirement.
We love crafting opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: