Head of Quality Assurance
We’re looking for a Head of Quality Assurance to join our international team of engineers at eBay Classifieds Group. We’re situated by Richmond Riverside, close to the Common and just a short stroll from Richmond station. You’ll be supporting a team of over thirty engineers, delivering value to millions, while having fun in a diverse and rewarding environment.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will be supporting and mentoring up to eight QA engineers and driving the future of our quality strategy. You will be an advocate and evangelist for continual quality improvement and automation. You are passionate about handling risk and enabling multi-disciplinary teams release features with more confidence than ever.
You will focus on helping your direct reports in their personal and professional goals, supporting them through challenges and celebrating their successes. You’ll keep track of their progress and performance and may also be helping drive technical initiatives. Are you that person?
What you can expect from us
- A collaborative, informal, international and playful work environment with self-organised, multi-disciplinary Agile teams
- Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth professionally and as a person
- Access to tools and resources to be the best at your job (MacBook Pro, IDE of your choice, free drinks machine and a variety of other beverages, free breakfast and fruit throughout the day)
- Loads of other perks!
We’re looking for
- Knowledge of, or experience with test automation across web and app (iOS and Android).
- Experience putting together a test strategy and plan.
- Experience aligning and guiding QA engineers to a single approach.
- Experience line managing, mentoring and leading QA engineers.
- Comfortable with end-to-end testing, exploratory testing and a proactive attitude.
- Strong knowledge of end-to-end web application and app flows and tiers
- Ensures that provided solutions accurately reflect the needs set out by the tech strategy.
- Excellent knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Flexible working patterns and occasional work-from-home supported.
- Full medical, dental and vision healthcare cover.
- Pension scheme, life and disability insurance.
- Parental leave policy and Cycle-scheme available.
- Networking, learning and global travel opportunities across eBay Classifieds Group.
- Outstanding working environment with height-adjustable desks and Aeron chairs.
- Free breakfast, fruit, snacks, soft drinks, coffee and tea.
- Free on-site massages, yoga, pilates and fitness bootcamps.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Gumtree is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: