Head of Architecture
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds, with sites that span the globe. We are a part of the eBay Group of companies, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities - whether it’s a car, a job, an apartment, a sofa, a concert ticket, financial services and more. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
We’re looking for a Head Of Architecture to join our international team of engineers at eBay Classifieds Group. We’re situated by Richmond Riverside, close to the Common and just a short stroll from Richmond station. You’ll be supporting a team of over thirty engineers, delivering value to millions, while having fun in a diverse and rewarding environment.
As a Head Of Architecture you’ll be reporting to the Head of Engineering, while supporting an architect and helping shape the future of our platforms. You’ll be passionate about helping us transition to a modern platform. You’ll understand the need to balance between excellence and expediency to meet business needs.
You’ll be embedding yourself in discussions across functions from tech, product to business. Helping set the right expectations, building up trust and helping us make the right decisions that strike the best balance short and long term strategic goals.
What you can expect from us
- A collaborative, informal, international and playful work environment with self-organised, multi-disciplinary Agile teams
- Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as an engineer and as a person
- Working with technologies such as Java/Scala, NodeJS, ElasticSearch, ReactJS, Typescript.
- Access to tools and resources to be the best at your job (MacBook Pro, IDE of your choice, free drinks machine and a variety of other beverages, free breakfast and fruit throughout the day)
- Loads of other perks
We’re looking for
- An experienced architect with high level of expertise in web and app technologies.
- Interested in web applications, apps and infrastructure.
- Driving focus towards architecture through principles.
- Comfortable playing hands off, strategic role when needed, or getting hands on when required.
- Vision and drive to push toward CI/CD and further automation across the platforms.
- Capable of guiding engineering teams through coaching and influence.
- Capable of translating and clarifying technical direction to non-tech stakeholders.
- A calming and positive presence always helping your team to see the bigger picture.
- Flexible working patterns and occasional work-from-home supported.
- Full medical, dental and vision healthcare cover.
- Pension scheme.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Parental leave policy and Cyclescheme available.
- Networking, learning and global travel opportunities across eBay Classifieds Group.
- Regular Tech Talks, Hackathons and workshops.
- Phenomenal working environment with height-adjustable desks and Aeron chairs.
- Free breakfast, fruit, snacks, soft drinks, coffee and tea.
- Free on-site massages, flexing classes, boxing and fitness bootcamps.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: