Full stack Software Engineer
Full Stack Software Engineer
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll
be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a
work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more
than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful
impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
Every day, millions of users sell and ship their wares using eBay. Our team supports this diverse
community by building shipping and warehousing products around the globe, helping individual
sellers and small businesses to meet the growing expectations of online buyers. We are a
product-oriented team who move fast and stay curious. Join us to make an impact on one of the
world’s largest e-commerce websites.
What you bring:
● Agile: Test-Driven Development, pair programming and continuous delivery are your
preferred engineering practices? We’re mostly an XP shop and we take the best bits of
Lean, Scrum and Kanban too.
● Architecture: In a large scale distributed web-application, you choose the right tool for
the job at hand. You know when to break something out into a new component and the
best way to wire it in, when to go with the simplest fit into the current system and when to
rethink the existing approach.
● Full stack: you are confident working on a range of languages and frameworks and are
happy to pick up new ones. You like working on established technology stacks as well as
quickly changing platforms.
What we bring:
● Rewarding technical challenges - fixing eCommerce delivery requires solving difficult
technical problems: building unified shipping platforms for diverse customers, iterating
fast while providing the best customer experience, constantly improving our technology
while dealing with the eBay volume is what we do best.
● Wonderful, bright, air-conditioned offices in Shoreditch, with bike racks (and
shower!), right next to Liverpool St and Shoreditch High Street stations for super easy
commuting, and lots of great food options nearby.
● Great company culture - we have a culture of respect and high expectations of others.
We love sharing a drink in our Friday All Hands, play board games and enjoy free lunch
on our demo day.
● Flexible working - really great support for working from home (we’ve got good video
conferencing facilities) and great holiday package.
● Competitive salary and generous benefits.
What you'll do/learn:
● You will be a member of one of eBay's Shipping agile teams.
and infrastructure, including internal and external APIs, enterprise distributed systems,
services and tools. You would have an opportunity to contribute to gradual introduction
of Kotlin, NoSQL, Node and Docker to our platform.
● Apply TDD/BDD and other agile practices on all the code you deliver.
● Constantly improve quality: refactoring code, proposing new tools and changing
● Pair with team members and collaborate with remote teams to share knowledge and
give/get constant feedback.
Previous experience on mature agile teams delivering continuously is a bonus.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: