eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds, with sites that span the globe. We are a part of the eBay Group of companies, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities - whether it’s a car, a job, an apartment, a sofa, a concert ticket, financial services and more. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by crafting a world where people share more and waste less.
We’re looking for a full stack/frontend engineer to join our international team of engineers at eCG. We’re situated by Richmond Riverside, close to the Common and just a short stroll from Richmond station. You’ll be supporting a team of over thirty engineers, delivering value to millions, while having fun in a diverse and rewarding environment.
What you can expect from us
- A collaborative, informal, international and playful work environment with self-organised, multi-disciplinary Agile teams
- Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as an engineer and as a person
- Working with modern technologies such as NodeJS, ReactJS, Redux and Docker
- Access to tools and resources to be the best at your job (MacBook Pro, IDE of your choice, free drinks machine and a variety of other beverages, free breakfast and fruit throughout the day)
- Loads of other perks!
We’re looking for
- Experience with JS based tools, such as WebPack, Babel and unit testing using Jest/Enzyme.
- Experience delivering high performing, clean code, that is modular and scalable
- Comfortable providing and receiving constructive criticism, particularly while participating in code reviews
- Familiar working in Agile teams and delivering software using Agile methodologies.
- Flexible working patterns and occasional work-from-home supported.
- Full medical, dental and vision healthcare cover.
- Pension scheme.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Parental leave policy and Cyclescheme available.
- Networking, learning and global travel opportunities across eBay Classifieds Group.
- Regular Tech Talks, Hackathons and workshops.
- Phenomenal working environment with height-adjustable desks and Aeron chairs.
- Free breakfast, fruit, snacks, soft drinks, coffee and tea.
- Free on-site massages, yoga, pilates and fitness bootcamps.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: