eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds, with sites that span the globe. We are a part of the eBay Group of companies, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities - whether it’s a car, a job, an apartment, a sofa, a concert ticket, financial services and more. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join our international team of engineers at ECG. Here you’ll experience the immense satisfaction of working in a globally respected company while supporting and mentoring engineers to deliver improvements and tackle problems that impact millions of people.
We’re situated by Richmond Riverside, close to the Common and just a short stroll from Richmond station. The main role goal is to enriching a team of over ninety engineers, delivering value to millions, while having fun in a diverse and rewarding environment.
As Engineering Manager you will report to the Head of Engineering, while supporting and mentoring up to ten engineers across multiple multidisciplinary teams to reach their potential of becoming and remaining engaged high-performing engineers. Focussing on helping your direct reports in their personal and professional goals, supporting them through challenges and celebrating their successes. You’ll be keeping track of their progress and performance and may also be helping drive technical initiatives.
If this sounds a bit (or a lot) like you, why don't you apply for it?!!!
You Will Be:
- Conducting regular 1-2-1s to ensure your team is motivated, happy and engaged
- Coaching and mentoring engineers across multiple teams
- Providing continuous feedback to engineers, promoting a strong performance culture where they seek to contribute while maintaining high standards
- Establishing relationships with your team, senior engineers and product managers
- Maintaining headcount by working with our hiring partners to attract and hire
- Making our office an outstanding place to work
- Organising, leading and participating in internal and external tech and hiring events
- Partnering with product managers to ensure stable and healthy teams with high predictability and steady delivery
- Experience line managing a group of software engineers
- Knowledge and experience of software engineering and best practices
- Familiar with organising work to follow Agile methodologies
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical people
- Experience improving and maintaining employee performance
- Passion for developing people and setting them up for success
- Strong development experience, although this is not a hands-on role
- Flexible working patterns and occasional work-from-home supported.
- Full medical, dental and vision healthcare cover.
- Pension scheme, life and disability insurance.
- Parental leave policy and Cycle-scheme available.
- Networking, learning and global travel opportunities across eBay Classifieds Group.
- Outstanding working environment with height-adjustable desks and Aeron chairs.
- Free breakfast, fruit, snacks, soft drinks, coffee and tea.
- Free on-site massages, yoga, pilates and fitness bootcamps.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Gumtree is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: