eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to contact the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eCG already has a presence and in prospective markets.
We’re looking for a Delivery Lead to join our international product and technology team. We’re situated by Richmond Riverside, close to the Common and just a short stroll from Richmond station. You’ll support one or more cross-functional engineering teams, delivering value to millions, while having fun in a diverse and exciting environment.
As Delivery Lead, you’ll craft the way we work to constantly release value to our users. You are passionate about continuous improvement and maintaining flow, championing our product development process that is driven by experimentation and data.
You’ll be embedding yourself in discussions across functions from tech, product to business. Helping to synchronise expectations and timelines, building up trust and balancing the delivery of short and long term strategic goals
- Foster clear and efficient process development
- Ensure visibility inside and outside of the team on progress
- Proactively remove blockers to ensure continuous delivery of value.
- Help identify, highlight and mitigate risks to commitments
- Partner with team to manage internal and external dependencies
- Ensure ceremonies are valuable
- Aid team to continually improve their ways of working
- Onboard new team members
- Share takeaways and insights on how to improve practices, such as user experimentation and continuous delivery
- Manage cross-organisational delivery, coordinating with other teams on shared capabilities
- Work closely with management team on organisational change
What we are looking for
- Experience with Agile (Scrum, Kanban) and traditional patterns (Waterfall). Able to select and adapt the right SDLC model for the scenario at hand
- Understanding of continuous improvement as well as the fundamentals of iterative development
- Ability to quickly gain experience and understanding of technical landscape. Can follow and chip in to systems discussions
- Experience delivering lean product development principles such as split testing and waste elimination
- Balancing subtlety and tact – able to communicate issues while maintaining good working relationships
- Upbeat, driven, positive, goal focused and can multitask under pressure
- Flexible working patterns and occasional work-from-home supported
- Full medical, dental and vision healthcare cover
- Pension scheme
- Life and disability insurance
- Parental leave policy and Cycle-scheme available
- Networking, learning and global travel opportunities across eCG
- Regular Tech Talks, Hackathons and workshops
- Phenomenal working environment with height-adjustable desks and Aeron chairs
- Free breakfast, fruit, snacks, soft drinks, coffee and tea
- Free on-site massages, flexing classes, boxing and fitness bootcamps
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: