Category Manager - Home & Garden
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are passionate about connecting buyers and sellers around the world and creating opportunities through commerce and technology. Our responsibilities include all aspects of eBay’s business in the EMEA region including eBay’s operations in major European markets -- UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain -- as well as driving growth in emerging markets such as Turkey.
The role is to define the category strategy and execute this through working with strategically important sellers, brands and retailers in the Home & Garden category to ensure that ebay has the inventory to continue to grow the category . As a category manager in the trading team you will be accountable for both the operational and commercial success of the brand and retailer portfolio and the wider category.
- Lead and develop the relationship with key sellers, brands and retailers within the portfolio and in line with the category strategy
- Build range plans, target merchandise and use levers to get products on site to drive performance
- Build category and market expertise to identify and exploit opportunities for ebay
- Develop an excellent understanding of sellers’ business operations and current strategies and utilise insight to find opportunities for growth
- Partner with trading lead to develop annual strategy and quarterly commercial plan
- A validated strategic thinker
- Able to make sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively tackle problems.
- A strong background of driving commercial results through business development and acquisition
- Able to build partnerships and work reciprocally with others to meet shared objectives
- Strong ability to analyse data and draw actionable insights from these
- Strong trading acumen, comfortable to operate in a fast-paced trading environment and skilled at running peak trading periods
- A background in Home & Garden retail industry, ideally ecommerce
- Comfortable to engage at the most senior levels within brands and retailers
- Track record of building effective trading relationships with clients/suppliers/brands
- Outstanding negotiation skills to source critical inventory and establish joint commercial targets
- Excellent organisational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate with agility and to navigate change
- Confident self-starter
As a Category Manager, you will have strong experience as a buyer, trader or merchandiser within an online retail environment
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: