Senior eBay Category Trading Advisor
The Senior eBay Category Trading Advisor is responsible for leading and developing the operational and commercial relationship of an allocated list of UK sellers within a set of designated categories.
The objective of this role is to proactively coach sellers through our Pro Trading Programme to grow their GMV on eBay.co.uk, as part of a shared category, by identifying and implementing agreed account scaling opportunities and working towards the strategic goals outlined by the trading category manager and vertical lead.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a key partnership approach to develop a specialist understanding of sellers’ business operations and current strategy and utilise this insight to identify and execute growth opportunities!
- Seen as a leader within the team, helps to shape the success of Pro Trader & increases the commercial capability of the full team
- Proactively takes on additional projects / initiatives / activities
- Lead and develop the operational and commercial relationship with allocated sellers, within the portfolio and in line with the category strategy
- Positive contributor, be role model, volunteer for tasks aimed at helping the team or eBay, and will suggest solutions to problems as they arise
- Proactive growth coaching of assigned accounts to review, identify and implement agreed scaling opportunities with the sellers
- Consistently shares best practices with the wider team and department
- Able to create and present results. Able to analyse complex data and summarise
- Interpret seller needs and behaviours & demonstrate this knowhow to get the best/ most relevant offer to the buyer
- Identify and source relevant and market leading inventory to support execution of strategy and ensure eBay is the most competitive site for buyers to buy products in the assigned category. Utilise levers to get products on site to drive GMV of the seller and the category
- Provide sourcing guidance and drive inventory acquisition from your allocated sellers
- Educate and influence sellers on adopting eBay’s suite of marketing and promotional tools
- Educate sellers on key marketing campaigns through the calendar year (. i.e. Black Friday), and jointly plan a marketing calendar
- Ensure adherence to all policy, finance and vetting process steps
- Connect with your inventory sourcing colleagues to plan slots effectively across the month in relevant promotional spaces on site
- Proficient in English language
- Strong negotiations skills with previous experience working in this environment
- Proven record in being accountable in a target driven environment. Taking full ownership in this area and driving forward to hit performance targets.
- Entrepreneurial & Commercially focused. Using this approach in day to day conversations with sellers and colleagues
- Proven to have the ability to handle multiple tasks at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Able to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organisation
- A natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability and maturity
- Excellent at time and project management skills
- Able to travel at short notice to attend UK Seller events
- Pro-active with a can-do attitude & excellent at problem solving
- Able to work tactically & strategically to drive & respond to business performance
- Outstanding at negotiation skills to source critical inventory and establish joint commercial targets
- Strong with trading acumen, comfortable to operate in a fast-moving trading environment and skilled at running peak trading periods
- Category or vertical specific experience is a key requirement
- Distinct advantage to demonstrate experience in buying, trading or merchandising within an online retail or SMB (Small to Medium Business) environment, or to have specialised vertical knowledge or experience
- Strong experience in a client relationship management environment
- At least 2 years commercial or sales experience within a fast-paced targeted environment
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Plan
- Discounted Express Bus City Centre – eBay
- 25 days Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Healthcare Plan & Life Assurance
- Pension Plan
- Discounted Canteen
- Free Gym
- Sabbatical every 5 years…. plus lots more!
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.