Italian eBay Category Trading Advisor
eBay Italian Pro Trading Advisor
The eBay Italian Pro Trading Advisor is responsible for leading and developing the operational and commercial relationship of an allocated list of Italian sellers within a set of designated categories.
The objective of this role is to proactively coach sellers through our Pro-Trading Programme to grow their GMV on eBay.it, by identifying and implementing agreed account scaling opportunities.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a key partnership approach to develop a specialist understanding of sellers’ business operations and current strategy and utilise this insight to identify and execute growth opportunities!
- Lead and develop the operational and commercial relationship with allocated sellers, within potential portfolio and in line with Italian market category strategy
- Proactive growth coaching of assigned accounts to review, identify and implement agreed scaling opportunities with the sellers
- Interpret seller needs and behaviours & demonstrate this knowhow to get the best/ most relevant offer to the buyer
- Identify and source relevant and market leading inventory to support execution of strategy and ensure eBay is the most competitive site for buyers to buy products in the assigned category. Utilise levers to get products on site to drive GMV of the seller and the category
- Provide sourcing guidance and drive inventory acquisition from your allocated sellers
- Educate and influence sellers on adopting eBay’s suite of marketing and promotional tools
- Educate sellers on key marketing campaigns through the calendar year (. i.e. Black Friday), and jointly plan a marketing calendar
- Ensure adherence to all policy, finance and vetting process steps
- Connect with your inventory sourcing colleagues to plan slots effectively across the month in relevant promotional spaces on site
- Attend weekly business unit meetings to share performance updates of your assigned category and sellers, and share seller insights, and execute relevant actions for your designated accounts and category
- Attend weekly meetings to provide performance overview and share key callouts
- Proficient in English and Italian language
- Proven to have the ability to handle multiple tasks at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Commercially focused and have a consistent track record of achieving and surpassing targets
- Able to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organisation
- A natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability and maturity
- Excellent at time and project management skills
- Able to travel at short notice to attend Italian Seller events if required
- Pro-active with a can-do attitude & excellent at problem solving
- Able to work tactically & strategically to drive & respond to business performance
- Outstanding at negotiation skills to source critical inventory and establish joint commercial targets
- Strong with trading acumen, comfortable to operate in a fast-moving trading environment and skilled at running peak trading periods
- Distinct advantage to demonstrate experience in buying, trading or merchandising within an online retail or SMB (Small to Medium Business) environment, or to have specialised vertical knowledge or experience
- Strong experience in a client relationship management environment
- At least 2 years commercial or sales experience or Merchant Support experience within a fast-paced targeted environment
- Category or vertical specific experience a distinct advantage
- Business Acumen
- Negotiation Skills
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Decision Quality
- Drive for results
Core Behavioral Competencies
- Relationship Management
- Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Plan
- Discounted Express Bus City Centre – eBay
- 25 days Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Healthcare Plan & Life Assurance
- Pension Plan
- Discounted Canteen
- Free Gym
- Sabbatical every 5 years…. plus lots more!
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel 2dehands.be & 2ememain.be is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.