Working Student Data Engineering (d/f/m)
Looking for a company where you can have an impact? A company where you can have the best of two worlds – an ambitious work environment and an inclusive culture?
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
About the team:
This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the most challenging product development organizations in Germany! We support the entire mobile.de platform including our international marketplaces, mobile devices, and own critical technology to build an outstanding experience for our customers.
This is an outstanding opportunity to craft a new, innovative product, and we look for you to join us as a Working Student Data Engineering (d/f/m) for 20h/week. In this role you will belong to a strong functional team, developing, maintaining and improving the Data Strategy in our company. You will sync with our engineering teams and colleagues worldwide on features and newest developments.
- Support us in the development of our cloud-based data lake and tooling to support our company’s data landscape using state-of-the-art technologies.
- Work on real-world large-scale data solutions and challenges surrounding data access, processing performance, and infrastructure.
- Support internal teams - your colleagues - by providing data, guidance, and sharing best-practices on working with data in a public cloud environment.
- Assessing potential solutions to data management and processing challenges by building proof-of-concept applications
Your Qualification & Skill Profile:
- You are passionate about and have some knowledge of large-scale data processing technologies such as Apache Spark, Flink, or Beam
- You know how to develop applications using Scala or Java and have an interest in functional programming patterns
- You have some experience working with cloud technologies (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- You write clean, well-maintainable code
- You are eager to learn about new technologies and problem domains
- You are comfortable speaking English
- You thrive in an agile environment, are comfortable working in small, frequent iterations, and looking to generate new insights proactively
- Knowledge of streaming technologies such as Apache Kafka is a plus
What we offer:
- An exciting and diverse working student position with attractive remuneration (15-20h/week).
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which enable you to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- Insight into our company and projects, and the chance to take ownership for your own sub-projects.
- A high degree of personal responsibility.
- A phenomenal atmosphere, and an open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
*eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, Marktplaats in the Netherlands, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.