Software Engineer Java (d/f/m)
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
For our team in Dreilinden close to Berlin we are searching for a Software Engineer Java (d/f/m) within our Consumer Organisation.
- Build excellent products for our users in a pragmatic, agile, iterative, test-and-learn driven and scalable way
- Maintain and improve existing applications
- Write high quality, clean, maintainable and testable code
- Be an active partner for product management, UX and business. You provide the technical solutions for business challenges and opportunities.
- With your team you continuously innovate and improve technology, process, product and business and own the entire DevOps lifecycle from specification to running in production and keep an eye on our business numbers as well
- Ensure the quality of your product because you understand the quality is the responsibility of the entire team
- Learn new tech- and non-tech related skills to grow yourself and your team
- Demonstrated ability as a Java 11+ developer in interdisciplinary agile teams
- You speak HTTP and REST/JSON like your first language
- Experience with frameworks like Spring/Spring Boot
- Proven knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (especially MySQL and MongoDB)
- Experience with Apache Kafka and Elasticsearch is a plus
- Experience with continuous delivery systems and build tools (Jenkins, Git, Gradle, Maven, SBT)
- You believe in collaboration, especially in cross-functional teams
- You have a passion for clean and beautiful code, with an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- You get up to speed with new systems and concepts quickly
- You believe in lean and agile development (Kanban / Scrum)
- You understand that responsibility does not end with deployment
- You are proficient in English – German language skills are a plus
What we offer:
- Meaningful Work: We are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and waste less. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for our users, customers as well as shape the future.
- Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. We empower our teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
- Work-Life Balance: Our people really do come first and we have lots of options for greater work-life balance including part-time work, and additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
- Growth and Development: We are a global organisation who truly believes in growing our people. To support this we offer lots of development and training opportunities and provide a budget for our team members.
- Competitive Compensation: We know that our people are the key to our success and our compensation packages reflect this.
- Connection and Inclusion: Our culture is the glue that holds us together. We believe in making meaningful connections and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
*eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 16 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. As a global network of loved local brands, including eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, Marktplaats in the Netherlands, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 7,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.