Site Reliability Engineer (d/f/m)
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most-visited general classifieds site in Germany and growing at speed. Currently, we have more than 45 million live ads and 35 million unique visitors per month – with the majority on mobile devices. eBay Kleinanzeigen helps people find whatever they’re looking for and every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Customer centricity and passion for our products is what helps us to develop our platform. Our agile environment, weekly usability tests, prototyping and multi-functional teams make our product better every single day. If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to build an ambitious and diverse work environment, join eBay Kleinanzeigen.
About the team:
We are seeking a professional individual to join our team as a Site Reliability Engineer (d/f/m).
The eBay Kleinanzeigen SRE Team is responsible for a variety of tasks, like configuration and infrastructure management, provisioning, troubleshooting and issue analysis. This includes architectural design and implementation of solution running on top of our Hybrid (GCP and Open Stack) Cloud Infrastructure.
As a Team, we believe in continuous improvement, automation, and creating opportunities through innovation. We are eager to try out new technologies both as part of our daily work and through slack time, hackathons, and innovation initiatives.
- You will focus on finding stable and innovative solutions for new and existing products in close cooperation with the product development groups.
- You will be empowered to take technical decisions and find innovative solutions to help shape the future architecture of our platforms.
- You will contribute keeping our Hybrid Cloud secure, stable and scalable.
- You will help us handling up to 60k request per second while our platform is still growing.
- You will deep dive into technical issues together with other SRE and Software engineers.
- You will be part of our continuous improvement processes.
- You will be responsible for your professional growth leveraging tools and opportunity offered by the wider Adevinta organization.
What we are looking for:
- B.Sc. in computer science or a related field or relevant professional experience.
- Mastery with Kubernetes based container orchestration solutions.
- Mastery with public or private cloud solutions (such as GCP, AWS or OpenStack).
- Mastery with (at least) one configuration or provisioning management tool (such as Saltstack, Terraform or Puppet).
- Proficiency with cloud computing.
- Proficiency with monitoring and alerting solutions in cloud environments.
- Proficiency with languages like Go or Python.
- Proficiency with Git / GitHub.
- Familiarity with software and/or hardware load balancers.
- Willingness to take paid on call shifts after onboarding time frame.
What we offer:
- Meaningful Work: We are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and waste less. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for our users, customers as well as shape the future.
- Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. We empower our teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
- Work-Life Balance: Our people really do come first and we have lots of options for greater work-life balance, including four weeks work from anywhere per year, part-time work, plus an additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
- Growth and Development: We are a global organisation who truly believes in growing our people. To support this we offer lots of development and training opportunities as well as providing a budget for our team members.
- Competitive Compensation: We know that our people are the key to our success and our compensation packages reflect this.
- Connection and Inclusion: Our culture is the glue that holds us together. We believe in making meaningful connections and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 16 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. As a global network of loved local brands, including eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, Marktplaats in the Netherlands, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 7,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.