(Senior) Venture Development Manager (d/f/m)
Looking for a company where you can have an impact? A company where you can have the best of two worlds – an ambitious work environment and an inclusive culture?
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
About the team: You will be joining our Transactions business unit where we strive to ensure that every consumer can realize their individual mobility change online with confidence and trust. As part of this creative and agile business unit, we together have the opportunity to drive mobile.de's strategic ambition to extend its footprint and help consumers and dealers to trade cars fully online!
We are seeking a professional individual to join our team as a (Senior) Venture Development Manager (d/f/m).
What you are doing:
- Be part of one winning team: help to shape the market and develop a new business for mobile.de
- Explore and analyze markets, new technologies and trends in the automotive industry
- Perform competitive analysis and learn from and with our customers
- Develop the economic model, business plan and market entry strategy for the new venture
- Evaluate the venture business model options and implement experiments to validate key hypotheses
- Identify, build and grow relationships with external partners and startups
- Define, supervise, and take ownership for the metrics to measure venture incubation success
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams with colleagues from Product Management, Marketing & Sales, Key Account Management, User Research and Analytics
- Enable the team to be as fast as possible (removes barriers, process challenges etc.) and use experience and skill from the entire team
- Prepare presentations and business model calculations for the management team
- Be the customer – and co-create in close (virtual) interaction with consumers and car dealerships
- 3+ years professional experience in comparable environment, preferably with an e-commerce, consulting, company building or startup profile
- High intrinsic motivation for identifying and hands-on developing new business opportunities
- Master’s degree or similar
- Consistent track record in project steering, business planning and execution
- From strategy to execution: You don’t just build concepts, you build ideas that are ready to be put out there into next real life business stages
- Fast apprehension, strong ability to identify and focus on top priorities, excellent logical and analytics skills
- Ability to work highly independently and dealing with ambiguity in a very dynamic environment
- Teammate with high personal engagement and sense of humor
- Good communicator with strong oral and written communication skills both in English and German
- High proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
What we offer:
- Meaningful Work: We are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and waste less. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for our users, customers as well as shape the future.
- Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. We empower our teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
- Work-Life Balance: Our people really do come first and we have lots of options for greater work-life balance including part-time work, and additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
- Growth and Development: We are a global organisation who truly believes in growing our people. To support this we offer lots of development and training opportunities and provide a budget for our team members.
- Competitive Compensation: We know that our people are the key to our success and our compensation packages reflect this.
- Connection and Inclusion: Our culture is the glue that holds us together. We believe in making meaningful connections and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online and offline).