(Senior) Technical Product Manager (d/f/m) Native Platform
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
We are seeking a professional individual to join our team as a (Senior) Technical Product Manager (d/f/m).
About the team:
At the mobile.de product department, we strive to create extraordinary user experiences by building products for people’s automotive lives that meet the highest level of quality and exceed market expectations.
In this position you will be part of our native app platform team. In this newly created role, you will shape our way forward in our native app development, bringing together your expertise in native development and a good sense of user needs and business requirements. The native app industry is evolving quickly and so are it’s challenges and requirements. We’re looking for someone who is following the industry and is able to translate both external and internal requirements into strategic architectural decisions together with our lead iOS and Android developers.
- Create a holistic vision for our native applications together with our customer-facing feature teams and the native app platform team
- Work closely with our native app platform team on core capabilities such as login, health metrics and functional excellence
- Bring together the iOS and Android perspective and foster collaboration among both major native platforms
- Be a great collaborator with feature team product managers, making sure their vision can be fulfilled
- Understand the native app environment with all it’s challenges and are able to develop strategies to overcome these
What we are looking for:
- 3-5 years of digital product management experience
- 3+ years of engineering experience, ideally in either iOS or Android
- Deep technical understanding of the iOS and / or Android platform and ability to challenge the status quo
- A subject matter expert in native app development and the industry, knowledge of the automotive industry is not required
- Ability to translate customer needs and business requirements into technical solutions
- Self-starter and very hands-on mentality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You make sophisticated and technical topics easily understandable to various stakeholders
- Fluency in English, German is an advantage
What we offer:
- Meaningful Work: We are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and waste less. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for our users, customers as well as shape the future.
- Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. We empower our teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
- Work-Life Balance: Our people really do come first and we have lots of options for greater work-life balance, including four weeks work from anywhere per year, part-time work, plus an additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
- Growth and Development: We are a global organisation who truly believes in growing our people. To support this we offer lots of development and training opportunities as well as providing a budget for our team members.
- Competitive Compensation: We know that our people are the key to our success and our compensation packages reflect this.
- Connection and Inclusion: Our culture is the glue that holds us together. We believe in making meaningful connections and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
*eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 16 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. As a global network of loved local brands, including eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, Marktplaats in the Netherlands, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 7,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.