Senior Site Reliability Engineer (d//m)
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. As a global network of loved local brands, including mobile.de and eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.
The eCG Motors Vertical (MoVe) is seeking to scale our motors business to international markets, starting from Canada (kijijiautos.ca) followed by other countries and operates from our offices in Amsterdam, Berlin-Friedrichshain and Dreilinden. As part of the team in Dreilinden, you will have the opportunity to work on ground breaking technology and impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for our platform.
About the team:
We are seeking a professional individual to join our team as a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (d/f/m).
The MoVe SRE team is providing basic infrastructure tooling and platform support within a 100% Google Cloud Platform based environment. This includes security perimeters, storage, GKE, observability tooling and resource management. We build and run services, based on Open Source solutions, where the Public Cloud is lacking features for our engineering teams. We are implementing SRE principles across our microservice landscape by maximizing the use of metrics and monitoring. Wherever possible we design GitOps approaches to empower engineers and reduce bottlenecks. We fight toil and enjoy enabling our colleagues to work smarter and faster. As a team of six we also watch over our platform 24/7 to tackle incidents in time.
Do you want to contribute to our Public Cloud service landscape and its operations with your knowledge and experience? Constantly improving our platform by driving automation, simplification and reliability topics is expected from the successful candidate and will be part of their goals, as well as mentoring team members and adjacent developers in SRE principles. From adapting and using our automated terraform workflows, to upgrading our service mesh, to adjusting deployment tooling, to enable engineers by managing Cloud resources – this role is about being the sharp knife of platform engineering operations, and we want you for this!
What we are looking for:
- You bring a B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent education
- Proven track record in Internet platform operations
- You are not afraid to occasionally deep-dive into Golang, Python, Java
- Proficiency in Public Cloud concepts
- Consulting and helping engineers with your expertise makes your day
- Owning a Google Cloud Platform certification is a plus
- Your skill set includes good operational knowledge (TCP, SSL, HTTP)
What we offer:
- Meaningful Work: We are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and waste less. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for our users, customers as well as shape the future.
- Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. We empower our teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
- Work-Life Balance: Our people really do come first and we have lots of options for greater work-life balance including part-time work, and additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
- Growth and Development: We are a global organisation who truly believes in growing our people. To support this we offer lots of development and training opportunities and provide a budget for our team members.
- Competitive Compensation: We know that our people are the key to our success and our compensation packages reflect this.
- Connection and Inclusion: Our culture is the glue that holds us together. We believe in making meaningful connections and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
*eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, Marktplaats in the Netherlands, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.