Senior Product Designer (f/m/d)
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most-visited classifieds in Germany and growing at an amazing speed. Currently, we have about 30 million active ads and more than 30 million monthly unique users – more than half on mobile devices.
We run like a start-up yet are anchored in the global portfolio of eBay businesses.
Our local team is responsible for the full product life cycle including product management and design, development, analytics & user intelligence, customer insights, marketing, trust & safety and customer service.
Our team members value the entrepreneurial spirit, the “can-do” attitude and their mutual respect for each other’s talent and contribution.
As (Senior) Product Designer (f/m/d) you will join one of our cross-functional teams and collaborate closely to iteratively improve our user experience with solutions that address our customer needs, while meeting our business objectives and technology constraints.
Within your cross-functional team, that will build some of the core functions of our products, you will be the main driver in research and ideation, design, prototyping, validating with users, implementation and evaluation.
At the same time you are part of the overall UX team and help crafting our design guidelines.
- You provide hands-on delivery of UX assets across all channels, such as concepts, wireframes, prototypes and visual designs with tools like Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS and InVision.
- You ensure a simple and fun experience for our users as they move through our platform.
- You work with overarching design patterns to ensure a consistent user and brand experience.
- You facilitate ideation, coordinate and perform user interviews and other research methods
- You contribute in building and refining our design system
- You have 3+ years of experience as a UX/UI Designer, Product Designer, Interaction Designer or similar UX related role for digital products in an agile environment.
- You have experience in working together with product managers and engineers in a collaborative cross-functional team.
- You are comfortable with asking for feedback on your work in its very early stages, and often, to ensure you’re always working towards the most suitable solution.
- You have a proven track record for solving difficult UX design problems and simplifying difficult process to intuitive interfaces.
- You are experienced in coordinating and performing usability tests and drive actions out of the insights.
- Ideally you have previous experience working within a design system. Even better if you’ve helped build one.
- You have great instincts for making design decisions, supporting your intuition with user research and validation through data
- You are familiar with the latest design patterns in interaction and visual design, especially on mobile, yet are not afraid of thinking out-of-the-box when there is a reason to deviate from existing best practices.
- You can flip the switch between challenging conventional assumptions one day and take direction and faithfully execute the selected design direction, even if it wasn’t your first choice, the next day.
- You see UX/UI Design as a problem-solving-discipline. Not Art.
- You are able to manage your own work in a fast-paced environment.
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback is a regular part of your way of working
- You are fluent in German and English.
What we offer
- User-centricity is part of our mindset.
- The chance to make a major difference in our team and in our customers lives.
- High team autonomy and agile environment.
- An open culture about which you can find out more here: https://themen.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/ueber-uns/ebay-kleinanzeigen-kultur/
- Challenging work with a diverse and highly skilled team.
- Home office possibilities.
- Competitive salary, including stock plans and company pension scheme.
- Conference & education budget.
- A great campus in Dreilinden, just outside of Berlin, with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen, and shuttle service.
Interested? We are looking forward to your detailed online application with work examples and/or linkt to your portfolio!
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: