Senior Business Development Manager
mobile.de, part of the eBay Inc family, is the largest online vehicle platform in Germany. Following our vision of "enabling Automotive commerce", we help to connect thousands of car buyers and sellers every single day.
With far more than 10 million unique visitors per month, mobile.de is the most visited car buying website in Germany. Users have more than 1.5 million vehicles to choose from - including more than 150,000 new cars.
Additional services such as tips and trips around buying a car, arranging financing or insurance and online advertising complete the offer of mobile.de.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated professional to join our team as (Senior) Business Development Manager (f/m/d).
You will be joining our Private Selling Business unit where we strive to make the car selling process for our users ever easier and more fun.
You will be driving mobile.de's strategic ambition to extend its footprint towards the car selling transaction.
- Be part of a winning team - you will craft mobile.de's future by building new products and services
- Identify business opportunities by continuously screening competition, technology trends and best practices within the market
- Evaluate business opportunities and set up experiments to validate key hypotheses
- Define, monitor and own the metrics to measure business success - you plan and pursue revenue targets
- Identity, acquire and grow relationships with external partners
- Perform discovery on business opportunities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams with colleagues from Product Management, Marketing & Sales, Research and Analytics
- Enable the team to be as fast as possible (removes barriers, process challenges etc.) and use experience and skill from the entire team
- Share insights (success & failure), drive progress and ensure results
- Prepare presentations for the management team
- At least 5 years of work experience within a comparable setting, preferably with an e-commerce, startup or consulting background.
- Master’s degree or similar
- Proven track record in project steering and execution
- Experience with strategy and/or consulting projects and/or business aspects
- Fast apprehension, strong ability to identify and focus on top priorities, excellent logical and analytics skills
- Ability to work highly independently and deal with complexity and ambiguity in a very dynamic environment
- Teammate with high personal engagement
- High proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills both in English and preferably German
What do we offer?
- Ambitious, diverse, international teams with very skilled personalities, a real passion for e-commerce, integrity and a good sense of humor.
- High team autonomy and agile environment.
- Work with advanced techniques and state of the art tools.
- We offer continuous development through active trainings and workshops & conferences.
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, regular offsite & team events.
- Great opportunities for development by attending conferences, trainings and the organisation of meetups and hackathons
- Family friendly company.
- An excellent campus with fitness center (yoga, Pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen and shuttle-service from S-Bahn Wannsee.
We are looking forward to your online application at https://jobs.ebayclassifiedsgroup.com/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: