(Senior) Backend Engineer (d/f/m)
Looking for a company where you can have an impact? A company where you can have the best of two worlds – an ambitious work environment and an inclusive culture?
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the most exciting product development organizations in Germany! For our team in Dreilinden, close to Berlin, we are searching for a (Senior) Backend Engineer (d/f/m) within our dealer and seller area.
You will improve and strengthen our product offering between mobile.de and eBay Kleinanzeigen with the goal to provide a better experience for our customers. Connecting two of Germany's most popular market places will be a highly collaborative effort with fellow engineers from eBay Kleinanzeigen.
- Write backend code and micro services to build phenomenal scalable integrations Work based on agile principles with frequent deployments, test automation and early feedback loops Collaborate with teams at eBay Kleinanzeigen and mobile.de from development, product management and business Share your knowledge and experience as part of code reviews, pair programming and team presentations
- Take initiative to continuously improve our code, data pipelines, reporting and processes within the team
- Several years of professional experience as a Java developer (Java 8/11) together with Spring / Spring Boot on Linux
- You are keen to build microservices and distributed systems in a web technology environment and speak HTTP & REST/JSON like your mother tongue Sound knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. Mongo, Cassandra)
- Experience with test automation, continuous delivery systems and build tools (Jenkins, Git, Gradle, Maven)
- You believe in team work using agile software engineering principles like working in iterations and writing clean code Experience with data engineering with Spark, Hadoop or Kafka would be a plus
- Being familiar with functional and reactive programming is beneficial
- You are proficient in English – German language skills are a plus
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta*.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
*eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, Marktplaats in the Netherlands, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.