Looking for a company where you can have an
impact? A company where you can have the best of two worlds – an ambitious work
environment and an inclusive culture?
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted
the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle
marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change
for growth and innovation we became more than just a platform. We are an
ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite
sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate
with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost
17 million unique users per month.
This is an
excellent opportunity to work for one of the most exciting product development
organizations in Germany! For our team in Dreilinden, close to Berlin, we are
searching for a (Senior) Backend Engineer (d/f/m) within our dealer and seller
You will improve and strengthen our product offering between mobile.de and eBay Kleinanzeigen with the goal to provide a better experience for our customers. Connecting two of Germany's most popular market places will be a highly collaborative effort with fellow engineers from eBay Kleinanzeigen.
- Write backend code and micro
services to build phenomenal scalable integrations Work based on agile
principles with frequent deployments, test automation and early feedback loops
Collaborate with teams at eBay Kleinanzeigen and mobile.de from development,
product management and business Share your knowledge and experience as part of
code reviews, pair programming and team presentations
- Take initiative to continuously
improve our code, data pipelines, reporting and processes within the team
- Several years of professional
experience as a Java developer (Java 8/11) together with Spring / Spring Boot
- You are keen to build
microservices and distributed systems in a web technology environment and speak
HTTP & REST/JSON like your mother tongue Sound knowledge of SQL and NoSQL
databases (e.g. Mongo, Cassandra)
- Experience with test automation,
continuous delivery systems and build tools (Jenkins, Git, Gradle, Maven)
- You believe in team work using
agile software engineering principles like working in iterations and writing
clean code Experience with data engineering with Spark, Hadoop or Kafka would
be a plus
- Being familiar with functional
and reactive programming is beneficial
- You are proficient in English –
German language skills are a plus
What we offer:
- Meaningful Work: We are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and waste less. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for our users, customers as well as shape the future.
- Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. We empower our teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
- Work-Life Balance: Our people really do come first and we have lots of options for greater work-life balance including part-time work, and additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
- Growth and Development: We are a global organisation who truly believes in growing our people. To support this we offer lots of development and training opportunities and provide a budget for our team members.
- Competitive Compensation: We know that our people are the key to our success and our compensation packages reflect this.
- Connection and Inclusion: Our culture is the glue that holds us together. We believe in making meaningful connections and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 16 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. As a global network of loved local brands, including eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, Marktplaats in the Netherlands, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 7,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.