Senior Accountant (d/f/m)
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds, with revenues of approx. USD 1 bn. In this fast-growing market, we continuously innovate in user experience and finding new ways to generate revenues.
We are always looking for high-energy, ambitious, and committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our employees enjoy an exciting environment that places the highest value on innovation and accountability. Our culture is based on open and transparent communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun.
We are looking for an accounting professional to join our finance team as Financial Controller in our offices in Berlin. You will be part of the Global eCG finance team located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, reporting into the Global Financial Controller. You will work from Berlin with a small team focused on improving revenue controlling, accounting and reporting. As a result of our constant growth, the controlling team continues to innovate and expand as well. This also means we work on various exciting finance projects.
We are searching for a Senior Accountant (d/f/m) who will be responsible for German entities: mobile.de and eBayKleinanzeigen.de.
** the contract is limited to 18 months **
mobile.de is the most visited vehicle market for the purchase and sale of vehicles in Germany. Services such as tips around buying a car, arranging financing or insurance and online advertising complete the exciting offer of mobile.de.
eBay Kleinanzeigen, launched in 2009, is a simple, easy and free way to find what you need, locally. eBay Kleinanzeigen is an ideal format for those users who are looking for a simple, local online Classifieds experience.
What you'll do
- Responsible for our two German markets and the accounting team
- Responsible for some revenue streams & costs: examples are Google, Adyen, Paypal and large programmatic advertising partners
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly financial closings by working closely with Financial Analysts based in the local eCG countries
- Revenue controlling & accounting for your countries & centrally managed revenue streams
- Expense controlling & accounting reporting of these countries. These include but are not limited to: marketing expense, cost of sale, sales discounts, sales bonuses
- Coordinate with local external statutory audit firms
- Work on integrating new businesses, new revenue streams and the new billing system
- Liaise with the Company’s legal & tax advisors a.o. reviewing or submitting tax declarations and required forms with the authorities; where needed supporting tax audits from an accounting perspective
- Preparing the financial and consolidated financial statement according to Local GAAP (HGB)
- Preparing monthly and quarterly US Group reporting to eBay Inc. on specific revenues and A.R. area
- Leading and securing of eBay and SOX Compliance
- Monitoring and improving of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes (day-to-day tasks are outsourced to Shared Services managed from Switzerland and USA)
- Bachelor- or Master’s degree / MBA, certified management accountants preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in accounting and/or controlling role, preferably in an international global environment
- Experience with mentoring and developing a team
- Ambition to develop personally and professionally to grow within this role
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex problems in a clear concise way for the business
- Demonstrable ability to successfully partner and influence with the different levels in the organization
- Able to establish solid relationships with the various partners in a global matrix organization
- Extended experience in working with accounting software (SAP GL preferred)
- Excellent analytical and excel skills and an affinity with numbers
- Able to work in a structured way in an agile environment
- Eager to continuously improve and implement changes
- Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Navision, SAP or similar consolidating/reporting tools
- Proficient in English and German, both written and speaking
- Flexibility to travel (approx. once a quarter or less)
What we offer?
- International environment with a highly skilled workforce, a real passion for e-commerce, and a good sense of humor
- International career opportunities throughout eBay
- employer with
- Competitive compensation including pension, attractive bonus scheme, and sabbatical after 5 years of employment
- Opportunity for large international exposure via eBay’s network of global locations
- An outstanding campus with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen and shuttle-service.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: