(Lead/Senior) Product Manager Online Buying and Selling (d/f/m)
Looking for a company where you can have an impact? A company where you can have the best of two worlds – an ambitious work environment and an inclusive culture?
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
As a (Lead/Senior) Product Manager Online Buying and Selling (d/f/m) you will discover and build a suite of products to help our users buying and selling their vehicles purely online.
- Driving forward a product vision and strategy as well as compelling value propositions on how vehicle buying and selling of the future will work
- Lead, develop and scale a strong product and technology team
- Discovery of product-market-fit and scalable business model(s)
- Work alongside internal and external stakeholders and partners to validate hypotheses in a lean and risk-reducing manner
- Observe the market and generate insights to identify new opportunities
- Be a true customer advocate; understand our users and ensure their voice is part of all decisions.
- Be an ambassador of the value prop and Unique Selling Proposition for your product throughout the organisation
- Ask hard questions, validate assumptions, connect the dots - be rigorous!
- Partner with highly skilled technology, design and analytics team members to discover the right solutions.
- Measure outcomes and keep on iterating towards the optimal solution.
- Agree with partners across the board within a fast paced, success-oriented culture.
- Ensure the right balance between pragmatism and quality in product development.
- Prioritize keeping user value and business value in mind.
- Work optimally with your team in an Agile environment to make your products real
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of product management experience with digital products
- An ambitious and analytical mindset to prioritize business and product opportunities in a new and ambiguous environment
- Knowing the commercial impact of your products is as important to you as understanding product development.
- Validated design instincts and product taste across platforms.
- Very good intuition for business and big-picture thinking
- Strong customer focus and willingness to go the extra mile. You use data from tracking, user testing and A/B tests to improve business value
- In-depth knowledge of conversion rate optimization (CRO) and statistical testing frameworks and tooling
- Experience with different measures of product discovery, quantitative testing (e.g. A/B-testing) and qualitative testing (e.g. Usability testing)
- Creative thinking skills and openness to different views and input
- At ease speaking to large groups and presenting to demanding people and highly skilled engineers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You make complex topics easily understandable.
- Proficiency in English and German