Lead Data Engineer (d/f/m)
mobile.de, part of the eBay Inc family of companies, is the largest online vehicle trade site in Germany. Our office campus is co-located with the eBay Marketplace and ebay Kleinanzeigen offices in Dreilinden, just outside Berlin.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Lead Data Engineer (d/f/m) to work on a new, innovative data infrastructure for our company.
This role sits within the Data- and Tech- organisation and directly partners with other engineers, analysts and data scientists. We're looking for a highly skilled engineer, who is passionate about building and scaling a data platform for analytical and product uses cases. We want you to drive the architecture and lead the implementation of this major data initiative.
- Design, build and iterate on a sustainable and scalable architecture to ingest and combine data from a large number of different sources (both batch and real-time) that are spread across the organization. Successfully partner with our data teams to build the data layer to empower scalable data products for our high-traffic web platform as well as analysts to leverage data insights and provide dashboards
- Guide and advise the team as a technical lead. Infer best practices and share knowledge among other engineers in our Product and Tech unit
- Successfully partner with our system operators to design data generation and provisioning architectures
- Partner with Business, Product and Strategy to drive the data topic holistically
- Track record of building a scalable high-volume data infrastructure / data lake
- Good experience with Big Data related architecture and technologies (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Hadoop), with NoSQL databases (e.g. Mongo, Cassandra) and SQL databases
- Experience with building micro-services and/or distributed systems and an understanding of web tech
- Experience with different tracking infrastructures (frontend, backend) and how to combine different data sources
- Strong experience as a Java developer with a deep understanding of the surrounding technology ecosystem; Experience in Scala is a plus
- Basic understanding of Python
- Basic understanding of Data Science & Analytics
- Strong analytical skills and ability to write clean, well-maintainable code
- Desire to quickly learn new technologies and be pragmatic about the choice of tools that fits the situation
- Able to work self-driven, but also operate as part of a strong, cohesive team
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English. German would be a plus
What we offer:
- Having an impact on our platform and mobile.de as a whole
- Competitive salary
- A dynamic team with interesting and driven people, and a great team spirit. We are passionate about building great data products for our users – but we also have a good sense of humor and enjoy working together.
- Room for growth: Our team is growing, and so are our responsibilities. You can take over a comprehensive field of responsibility and really make a difference
- Excellent working environment with a high level of professionalism and lots of flexibility
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- A great campus with an extended data community at eBay Kleinanzeigen and eBay Germany
- Many on-site perks such as a fitness center, yoga and pilates classes, bike rental, coffee-bar, excellent canteen and shuttle-service. We even offer a dry-cleaning service!
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel mobile.de is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: