Head of Strategy (f/m/d)
Head of Strategy & Insights, eBay Kleinanzeigen
Looking for a company where you can have an impact? A company where you can have the best of two worlds – an ambitious work environment and an inclusive culture?
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most-visited general classifieds site in Germany and growing at speed. Currently, we have more than 45 million live ads and 35 million unique visitors per month – with the majority on mobile devices. eBay Kleinanzeigen helps people find whatever they’re looking for and every connection made or item found makes a
We are on the lookout for a professional individual to join our team as a Head of Strategy & Insights (d/f/m).
In this newly created role, you will work alongside an extremely dedicated driven and passionate team to develop and evolve our strategy processes to accelerate our growth and ensure that our teams have all the insights needed to craft and deliver on our ambitious plans.
- Continuously develop and improve our strategy development and execution processes, driving our story and evolving the business.
- Lead and co-ordinate the strategy process(es) across the organization, providing guidance, feedback and iterating where needed.
- Support our teams (leadership team, cross-functional and functional teams) with crafting and implementing strategy in a highly agile company environment. Be the internal go-to-person for strategy and related work.
- Own, maintain & evolve the company’s Agile Strategy Map, which is a key overarching strategy artefact.
- Partner closely and act as the strategy interface for the broader corporation (incl. Adevinta Corporate Strategy & M&A Team) and any external (strategy) consultants.
- Have a deep understanding of our market and drive our local acquisition strategy, including target search and potential implementation/ integration together with Corporate Strategy & M&A team.
- Build, develop and grow our Strategy and Insights team.
- Lead our insights efforts in both market research and user insights, enabling our teams to bring an outside-in view and incorporate external insights into our strategy.
- Support the team with evolving our qualitative and quantitative methods and crafting our story from the data.
- Report into the CFO and work alongside the eK leadership team.
- Demonstrable professional experience (6+ years) within both consulting (i.e. Strategy & Operations) and operational roles, preferably in an e-commerce or online marketplace environment
- At least 3+ years operational experience within a start-up environment where you were responsible for crafting the business strategy as well as driving its execution to achieve business success.
- An entrepreneurial approach and lens that can seamlessly zoom out to see the big picture, and zoom in to see how it impacts and affects the teams
- Proven experience in driving ideas from conception to implementation and iteration of improvements (i.e. OKRs, utilizing data to drive insights)
- Substantial experience in agile working environment, with cross functional teams (sales, tech, product etc)
- Profound experience with analytics and business data management (i.e. company performance measurements, business analytics skills and tool knowledge)
- Leadership experience and a strong record of leading and growing a team.
- Strong collaborator and facilitator, no “Ivory Tower” mentality.
- A shared belief in our values, we have a great team and value approachable, humble and open team members.
- Outcome oriented with a decent hands-on mentality.
- Experience in M&A & PMI would be a huge plus!
- Excellent communication abilities with a natural desire to form alignment and build consensus in decision making.
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta*.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
eBay Kleinanzeigen is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.