Head of Marketing Performance (f/m/d)
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are passionate about connecting buyers and sellers around the world and creating opportunities through commerce and technology. Our responsibilities include all aspects of eBay’s business in the EMEA region including eBay’s operations in major European markets -- UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain -- as well as driving growth in emerging markets such as Turkey.
To strengthen our Team at our German Headquarter in Dreilinden, we are looking for a Head of Marketing Performance (f/m/d) who drives effectiveness, efficiency, and business impact in all marketing channels and campaigns, as well as in programs to drive buyer growth across segments and cohorts. This is a key new role within eBay’s DE Marketing department and reports to the Senior Director Marketing.
- Horizontal planning and controlling function for all marketing activities along the buyer funnel based on operational and outcome KPIs
- Plan, allocate, manage, and forecast the department budget according to the marketing strategy in order to make the most efficient use of it per channel and targeted activity
- Align with the Finance team on investment options, budget shifts, and forecasts
- Continuous monitoring and analysis of activities and development of optimization strategies to improve performance and impact
- Controlling and improvement of channel performance incl. own channels (onsite and e-mail)
- Weekly performance reporting and definition of mitigation actions
- Inform and advise campaign and marketing managers within DE Marketing on performance optimization for campaigns, programs, activities across channels
- Closely liaise with internal departments/partners (e.g. channel and marketing operations)
- Act as DE Marketing’s main and close contact to Global Growth, EU Marketing Planning, Marketing Finance, and Analytics teams
- Partner management with senior executives across the region including management presentations
- People management and building the new Performance team within DE Marketing
- Part of the DE Marketing leadership team
- Extensive experience in cross-channel marketing initiatives as well as customer behavior, segmentation, and audience targeting
- Proven experience in working with complex KPIs, especially with regards to performance marketing
- Strong data analytics and insights capabilities
- Strong capability in acting in corporate matrix organizations across multiple locations and time zones
- Experience of working in a fast paced dynamic environment, capability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently including flexibility in times of change
- Strong in partnership and coordination of multiple partners within a large set of different internal and external touchpoints
- Excellent written and presentation skills in German (near-native level) and English
- Strong social skills while having a great teammate mentality
- College degree required plus at least 10 years of marketing work experience
- >5 years of proven experience in performance marketing, marketing finance or analytics
- People management experience is a plus
What do we offer?
- Dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor
- Varied and interesting tasks with high level of personal responsibility
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies
- A great campus with fitness center, table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, excellent canteen and shuttle-service
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: