Engineering Manager (m/f/d)
We are one of the most-visited sites in Germany and are still growing at an amazing speed. On our platform we have around 30 million items for sale and with more than 30 million unique users per month we reach ~50% of the German internet population. Our customers use our platform mostly on their mobile devices creating ~40.000 requests per second on our backend systems at peak times. Our core tech-stack is based on Java/Spring and MySQL/Cassandra/ElasticSearch/Kafka. We aim for a high velocity on rollouts, which implies automation, early integration and continuous process improvement. Right now we are moving towards a decoupled and flexible architecture. Our target infrastructure is built around Docker, OpenStack and Kubernetes. Our Tech Radars: Backend, Frontend.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is looking for a passionate Engineering Manager, Software Development (f/m/d)
- Coach, mentor, develop and inspire 7-10 Software Engineers
- Having regular 1:1 with your direct reports
- Support hiring and improve its processes
- Hands on contribution inside a cross functional team
- Contribution in one of our guilds (e.g. Agile, Security, Culture)
- Be an interface between Product Management, Design, Business and Customers
- Support the team to strengthen a DevOps mindset and teamwork
- 2+ years experience in People Management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with technical and non-technical people
- Passion developing people of different personalities and skills
- Several years of hands on experience in Software Engineering
- Knowledge around agile processes and software development lifecycle
- Passion on clean code and an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
What we offer:
- Dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce and professionalism
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility (e.g. home office possibilities)
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, latest MacBook Pro, Notebook, PC - you name it
- Homemade waffles, free fruit, vegetables and sweets
- A great campus with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen and shuttle-service from S-Bahn
We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: