Data Engineering Team Lead (d/f/m)
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
For a newly founded team we are looking for a Data Engineering Team Lead (d/f/m)
As a leader with a passion for people and a strong growth mentality you enable the team to deliver data solutions that make a difference for our analysts and data scientists. The team will be positioned at the brink between our analytics, data warehouse and data product teams. Together with the other data engineering teams at mobile.de you will design and build the data infrastructure, data pipelines and data culture that makes us successful.
As people, we are passionate about data and technology – but we also have a good sense of fun and enjoy working together to push our company’s limits!
- Hire, lead and mentor a team of outstanding data engineers. You help your team to grow as engineers and contribute to the business
- Design and build a fast-access, integrated cloud-based BI and data warehouse / data mesh solution together with your team
- Build a unified framework integrating heterogeneous user data ready to answer business-critical questions - at the end of 2022 we want every analyst and data scientist at mobile.de to use your solution!
- Be a close partner for Analytics and Data Product Teams to find pragmatic solutions for our customer needs
- Design solutions with a focus on cloud, PaaS, SaaS, and serverless services
- The role will comprise of both people management and software development work
- Actively contribute to and shape our data strategy, culture and ways of working
- You have experience with leading data engineers and you embrace the concept of Servant Leadership
- You are a senior/lead developer in data engineering, data lake/warehousing or BI solutions
- You acquired hands-on experience with cloud warehousing and cloud analytics (ex. BigQuery, Redshift)
- You are a good communicator with the ability to consolidate requirements from multiple stakeholder teams
- You are experienced in programming (Scala, Java, C++, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of data visualisation, dashboarding and exploration tools is a big plus (ex. DataStudio, Looker, Tableau)
- Effective oral and written English communication skills - German is a plus
What we offer:
- Meaningful Work: We are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and waste less. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for our users, customers as well as shape the future.
- Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. We empower our teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
- Work-Life Balance: Our people really do come first and we have lots of options for greater work-life balance, including four weeks work from anywhere per year, part-time work, plus an additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
- Growth and Development: We are a global organisation who truly believes in growing our people. To support this we offer lots of development and training opportunities as well as providing a budget for our team members.
- Competitive Compensation: We know that our people are the key to our success and our compensation packages reflect this.
- Connection and Inclusion: Our culture is the glue that holds us together. We believe in making meaningful connections and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
*eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 16 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. As a global network of loved local brands, including eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, Marktplaats in the Netherlands, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 7,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.