Category Lead Electronics (m/f/d)
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are passionate about connecting buyers and sellers around the world and creating opportunities through commerce and technology. Our responsibilities include all aspects of eBay’s business in the EMEA region including eBay’s operations in major European markets -- UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain -- as well as driving growth in emerging markets such as Turkey.
We are currently recruiting for our Verticals team in Berlin/Dreilinden a
Category Lead Consumer Electronics & Telecom (m/f/d)
We are looking for a Senior Category Manager to lead our consumer electronics (TV, audio) and telecom (smartphones, accessories) categories within the electronics and home appliances vertical team. The role includes end to end ownership of performance in the respective categories – from strategy and product assortment definition, over inventory sourcing, working with key-sellers and brands, category site page optimization, execution of promotional levers (deals, campaigns), and strategic category development projects.
The role also includes leading a small team of account managers and merchandisers, as well as the leadership of wider, cross functional teams for category related projects (i.e. new product launches). Finally, the role may also include leading cross-category business development projects, which could be external key partnerships and or the development of new categories or areas for growth.
Core responsibilities include:
- You will lead and develop the consumer electronics & telecom categories at eBay, including strategy definition, operational cadences (insights, reporting, trading), relationship with allocated brands and retailers as well as people management and development
- You will provide an ongoing inventory- / category management for consumer electronics & telecom including coordination, delivery of category insights as well as sourcing and marketing of inventory
- You will lead the analysis of inventory insights and product trends, market data, industry dynamics, customer shopping trends and the competitive landscape to assess growth opportunities and product enhancements
- You will manage business performance based on defined KPIs
- You will build and strengthen relationships with assigned sellers to identify and implement scaling opportunities and resolve all operational issues through liaison with the customer support team
- You will handle horizontal seller growth initiatives for the electronics team (promo requests, seller engagement initiatives)
- You will also identify and source relevant and market leading inventory to support execution of strategy and ensure eBay is the most competitive site for buyers to buy Electronics products
- Provide leadership and strategic direction on all online merchandise activities
- Lead cross-organisational collaboration with other teams (like marketing, customer service, deals and others) in conceptualizing, planning as well as executing campaigns and initiatives
- Plan and execute cross-organizational projects to strengthen eBay’s competitiveness, i.e. optimization of site / buyer experience, innovation of product presentation, development of new categories or propositions
- Deep understanding of online retailing standard methodologies and experience employing tactics to gain market share and grow top line sales
- Industry knowledge and experience: 8+ years of merchandising experience in retail or consumer products industry. Experience should include buying, planning, product line structure and pricing.
- Strong people management skills, confident in providing coaching and leadership for junior members of the team, including interns
- Ability to articulate vision and purpose for the initiatives and programs as it relates to long-term goals and objectives.
- Consistent track record of strategic planning and execution, taking a project from idea to full implementation in a large complex organization
- Proven experience of exceptional sales/budget performance within a B2C environment
- Experience working with retailers and/or brands in a category management or buyer capacity. Track record of building effective trading relationships with clients/suppliers/brands to drive extraordinary advocacy and a joint focus on commercial outcomes
- Strong analytical skills and business insight in a complex data environment; ability to make the data speak volumes about program performance, trends and areas of opportunity
- Proficient in German & English required
- Flexibility in responding to changing priorities
- High standards of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
What do we offer?
- The chance to live in one of the best and most welcoming cities in the world!
- Dynamic and complementary team with exciting personalities, real passion for e-commerce and integrity.
- Varied and interesting tasks with high level of personal responsibility including flexible work hours.
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies.
- A great campus with fitness center, table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, excellent canteen and shuttle-service.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: