Business Development/Strategy Lead
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the business:
With 1.5 million vehicles, mobile.de is the largest online vehicle marketplace in Germany. This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the most exciting product development organizations in eBay Germany. We support the entire mobile.de platform including our international marketplaces, mobile devices, and build critical technology to create the best experience in the vehicle market.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated professional to join our team as Senior Manager, Business Development & Strategy Lead (f/m/d)
- Be part of a winning team – Shape and lead the cooperation of mobile.de and ebay-Kleinanzeigen in automotive classifieds
- Drive and be part of one of the most valuable cooperation in the DE online business
- Form and set-up a new team structure from the scratch
- Build on the strategy and derive concrete business opportunities in year 1 already
- Break down the focus for the next quarters with the team and work on ambitious targets
- Derive a compelling metrics set that you use to steer and drive the business segment
- Supervise market conditions and trends; identify and assess driven threats and opportunities (social and classifieds marketplaces)
- Identify needs of re-prioritizations or trade-offs early on with your team and act for the best of all interests
- Lead international relationships with our mother company with regards to best practice methodology and growth
- Be ready to present your teams progress and strategic implication to the management of both companies on a frequent basis
- 6-8 years of work experience in Business Development and/or Strategy and/or Consulting and/or Venture Capitalist or similar background, preferably with an e-commerce, classifieds or automotive profile
- Master’s degree or similar
- Proven track record in fast paced environments with excellent logical and skills and a business mind
- Fast apprehension, strong ability to identify and focus on top priorities
- Ability to work highly independently and deal with complexity and ambiguity in a very dynamic environment
- From strategy to execution: You don’t just build concepts, you build ideas that are ready to be put out there into next real life business stages
- Experience in leading a matrix and cross-functional team with a team first mentality
- Great teammate with high personal engagement
- Exposed and experienced to work in an agile environment of a e-commerce / Tech-company
- High proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Outstanding presentation skills from storytelling to presenting at C-level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and ideally German
What we offer:
- Results-oriented, diverse, international teams with very skilled personalities, a real passion for e-commerce, integrity and a good sense of humor
- Varied and interesting tasks with high level of personal responsibility
- We offer continuous development through active trainings and workshops & conferences
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, regular offsite & events
- Beside working in our Dreilinden-office you can work from our Motor-Talk office located in Berlin-Friedrichshain (depending on tasks / projects).
- An excellent campus with fitness center (yoga, Pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen and shuttle-service from S-Bahn Wannsee.
- In these challenging times, our teams have established a great work-from-home culture. Part-time is also possible.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
We love building opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel mobile.de is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
People are the heart of the eBay Classifieds business, and their health and well-being are our first priority.
We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.