Business Development Manager
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds with brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the business: With 1.5 million vehicles, mobile.de is the largest online vehicle marketplace in Germany. This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the most exciting product development organizations in eBay Germany. We support the entire mobile.de platform including our international marketplaces, mobile devices, and build critical technology to create the best experience in the vehicle market.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated professional to join our team as Senior Business Development Manager (f/m/d).
You will be joining our Private Selling BusinessUnit where we strive to make the car selling process for our users ever easier and more fun. You will be driving mobile.de's strategic ambition to extend its footprint towards the car selling transaction.
- Be part of a winning team - we will craft mobile.de's future by building new products and services together!
- Identify business opportunities by continuously screening competition, technology trends and best practices within the market
- Evaluate business opportunities and set up experiments to validate key hypotheses
- Define, monitor and own the metrics to measure business success - you plan and pursue revenue targets
- Identity, acquire and grow relationships with external partners
- Perform discovery on business opportunities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams with colleagues from Product Management, Marketing & Sales, Research and Analytics
- Enable the team to be as fast as possible (removes barriers, process challenges etc.) and use experience and skill from the entire team
- Share insights (success & failure), drive progress and ensure results
- Prepare presentations for the management team
- At least 4 years of work experience within a comparable setting, preferably with an e-commerce, consulting, classifieds or automotive profile
- Master’s degree or similar
- Proven track record in project steering and execution
- Experience with strategy and/or consulting projects and/or business aspects
- Fast apprehension, strong ability to identify and focus on top priorities, excellent logical and analytics skills
- Ability to work highly independently and deal with complexity and ambiguity in a very dynamic environment
- Teammate with high personal engagement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills both in English and preferably German
- High proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
What do we offer?
- A comprehensive field of responsibility
- Dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce and digital, professionalism and a good sense of humor
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- A competitive compensation model
- A great campus with fitness center, table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, excellent canteen and shuttle-service
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
We love building opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel mobile.de is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
People are the heart of the eBay Classifieds business, and their health and well-being are our first priority.
We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.