Backend and GCP Engineer (d/f/m)
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. As a global network of loved local brands, including mobile.de and eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.
Founded in 1996,mobile.dedisrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
As part of the team in Dreilinden, you will have the opportunity to work on ground breaking technology and impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for our platform.
We are looking for you as a
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop features that are used across our platform
- Craft the infrastructure based on theGoogle Kubernetes Engineand other Google Cloud services around it
- Collaborating with product teams to analyze services, identify improvement areas for public cloud adoption and help to implement them
- Contributing to the codebase that defines our infrastructure components for production and development environments
- Coaching and mentoring product development teams about running their workloads on Kubernetes and using other public cloud capabilities
- Exploring different technologies for our team to adopt and to share with other teams across the eBay Classifieds Group
- Hands on programming experiencein JVM languages, Node.js or Go
- General knowledge of relational and non-relational databases such as MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch.
- Advanced understanding of operation of distributed services and API’s.
- Proven understanding of CI/CD pipelines.
- Practical experience in designing and implementing solutions based onGoogle Cloud Platform
- General understanding of UNIX/Linux systems, networking, troubleshooting skills.
- Effective oral and written English communication skills.
- High aspiration for quality balanced with a good sense of pragmatism.
- Independent and quick adoption of new technologies and concepts.
Nice to have:
- Applied understanding of service meshes, e.g.Istio. Experience in production
- Knowledge and experience in deploying and operating services such as Kafka.
- Knowledge about Infrastructure as Code tools, such as Terraform
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.