Backend Engineer (d/f/m)
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most-visited general classifieds site in Germany and growing at speed. Currently, we have more than 45 million live ads and 35 million unique visitors per month – with the majority on mobile devices. eBay Kleinanzeigen helps people find whatever they’re looking for and every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Customer centricity and passion for our products is what helps us to develop our platform. Our agile environment, weekly usability tests, prototyping and multi-functional teams make our product better every single day. If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to build an ambitious and diverse work environment, join eBay Kleinanzeigen.
To further improve our team we are hiring a Backend Engineer (d/f/m).
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Build the technology future of online classifieds in a scalable, clean and sustainable way
- Improve our applications and APIs to become better each day
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by improving build and test systems
- Establish your own ideas for code and process improvements and achieve the next level together with the team
- Be involved in the whole development lifecycle from architecture to QA, and deployment
Your Skill Profile:
- Passion for clean code and an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- Good programming skills in Java and the Spring Framework
- Solid know-how in object-oriented design
- Interest and ability to learn and stay up to date with new technologies and concepts
- Believer in teamwork and a DevOps approach
- Experience with Continuous Delivery
- Know-how in manual testing and test automation (e.g. JUnit, Selenium, REST-assured)
- Experience with RDBMS and/or NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra, MySQL)
What we offer:
- Meaningful Work:We are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and waste less. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for our users, customers as well as shape the future.
- Flexibility:We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. We empower our teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
- Work-Life Balance:Our people really do come first and we have lots of options for greater work-life balance including, four weeks work from anywhere per year, part-time work, and additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
- Growth and Development:We are a global organisation who truly believes in growing our people. To support this we offer lots of development and training opportunities and provide a budget for our team members.
- Competitive Compensation:We know that our people are the key to our success and our compensation packages reflect this.
- Connection and Inclusion:Our culture is the glue that holds us together. We believe in making meaningful connections and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
*eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 16 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. As a global network of loved local brands, including eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, Marktplaats in the Netherlands, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 7,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.