Android Developer (f/m/d)
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most-visited general classifieds in Germany and growing at an amazing speed. Customers enjoy the simplicity and the local C2C selection. Currently, we have more than 30 million live ads and about 30 million monthly unique users - more than half on mobile devices. We are managed like a start-up yet is anchored in the global portfolio of eBay businesses.
About the team:
Classifieds are shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to work closely with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
We are one of the most-visited sites in Germany and are still growing at an amazing speed. On our platform, we have around 30 million items for sale and with more than 30 million unique users per month, we reach about 50% of the German internet population. Our customers use our platform mostly on their mobile devices generating over 40.000 requests per second on our backend systems at peak times. Our mobile apps are among the top 10 best apps in Germany and installed over 20 million active devices on Android and iOS.
Our Android tech-stack is based on Kotlin and Java, MVP architecture with many additions from architecture components and unit & integration tests. We are working in an agile environment which allows us to discover, deliver and improve continuously.
To grow our highly skilled and motivated mobile team we are hiring an Android Developer (f/m/d). As part of our mobile team, you will power our amazing growth by building and handling our Android app.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Help architect, build and iterate our Android application
- Ensure that our code stays up-to-date with the latest design standards and best-practices
- Help raise the overall skill and quality level through pairing, design/code reviews, and mentoring
- Push forward our test focused development process including unit, integration- and functional testing
- Partner closely with product management to continuously improve our app
- Research and prototype solutions to interesting problems
Your Skill Profile
- At least 3 years of professional Android app development experience
- Passion for Android development, pragmatic code and an eye for simplicity
- Excellent knowledge and strong experience with the Android platform (Activities, Fragments, Services, Content Providers)
- Excellent programming skills in Kotlin
- Experience with Java (Language and APIs)
- Deep understanding of architectural patterns for Android projects
- Experience in building test driven mobile environments, e.g. experience with JUnit, Robolectric, Espresso
- Real life reference or open source projects are a huge plus (GitHub / Bitbucket / StackOverflow Account)
- Effective written and spoken communication skills in English
- A Diverse team with exciting personalities, integrity and real passion for e-commerce
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- Meaningful work with a highly skilled, diverse and humorous team
- Competitive salary and numerous benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, latest Mac Book Pro, Notebook, PC you name it
- Home office possibilities
- Homemade waffles, free fruits, vegetables and sweets
- An outstanding campus with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen and shuttle-service
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
Are you interested?
We are looking forward to your online application at https://jobs.ebayclassifiedsgroup.com/search-jobs/ALL?orgIds=25370&alp=ALL&alt=0&ascf=[%7B%22Key%22:%22campaign%22,%22Value%22:%22eBay%20Kleinanzeigen%22%7D]&.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay Kleinanzeigen is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: