Strategic Partnerships Associate Manager
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that encourages passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to craft how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of!
About the team:
The team supports eBay’s Americas Marketplaces business to source, evaluate, structure, negotiate and close bespoke commercial agreements with a wide range of strategic partners. Focus areas may include Vertical categories (Luxury goods – watches, collectible sneakers, jewelry, handbags; Trading Cards; Certified Refurbished; Motors – Vehicles, Parts & Accessories; Arts & Collectibles, Business & Industrial, Fashion, Electronics, Home & Garden, Media/Toys/Lifestyle, eBay Daily Deals), Seller Experience (B2C and C2C) and Marketing in the US, Canada, and Latin America.
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay seeks to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
The associate manager for strategic partnerships will be responsible for supporting the project management, financial analysis, and related communication necessary to successfully execute a deal end to end. Reporting into
- Project Management: Develop project plans to manage a dynamic set of critical projects simultaneously while driving to delivery against tight timelines. Identify key achievements, deliverables, and due dates partnering cross-functionally to understand business and commercial deadlines and inputs.
- Financial Analysis: Support the financial analysis necessary to build-out business case assessments for project success looking at unit and project economics. Analyze financial impact of potential deals, including Excel deal modeling and assessment.
- Communications: Development of polished storyline driven presentations outlining project criteria, timelines, economics, and progress to assist in executive decision making and deal negotiations. Ability to create frameworks and templates for communicating the information in an effective manner.
- Critical Thinking: Contribute to opportunity assessment through strategic analysis based on insightful competitive analysis, market research, partnership landscape planning that aligns with eBay’s business goals and strategic priorities.
Successful candidates are:
- Passionate about technology and e-commerce marketplaces
- Excel in a fast-paced, evolving and demanding work environment
- Inventive self-starters and creative problem solvers who can manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously and hit deliverables with minimal direction
- Able to quickly establish credibility and work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Teammates with a positive attitude who go above and beyond
- Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university. MBA a plus.
- 2+years of business development, partnerships or other proven experience
- 2+ years in Consulting/investment banking/within an equivalent corporate strategy or corporate development group
- Direct partnership execution/negotiation experience helpful
- Experience in negotiating large, sophisticated deals at senior levels of major retail, digital, technology and consumer-oriented companies
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial problem solver, and demonstrated ability to work independently
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Outstanding analytical skills and facility with Excel
- Outstanding PowerPoint skills and ability to create succinct and structured exec-level presentations
- Familiarity with up-to-date web/tech industry trends, specifically as they apply to e-commerce
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.