Program Manager - L25
eBay is seeking a dynamic individual with a strong operational and project/program management background to drive the successful planning and execution of large projects of moderate to high complexity and impact to the business, that are sponsored by Global Customer Experience (GCX) and/or Marketplaces (MP).
The Snr. Program Manager will report to the Snr. Manager of Marketplaces & GCX Initiatives and will collaborate across multiple GCX and MP functions to ensure the delivery of key bodies of work, seeing projects successfully through the project life cycle of Initiation, Planning, Execution and Closure.
The successful candidate will be experienced at leading distributed teams, navigating the organization to achieve outcomes and is known for building strong partnerships as well as having a strong track record in planning and managing multiple projects from start to finish.
- Develops effective plans and high quality documentation to meet both short and longer term project goals
- Leads and directs a cross functional group at a local and global scale to achieve desired outcomes
- Consistently executes and delivers project objectives in line with the Project Lifecycle making trade-offs to ensure successful and timely completion
- Works independently, whilst maintaining transparency with minimal guidance or support needed
- Known for making sound decisions even in more complex situations and when under pressure
- Provides key value in recommending solutions to business opportunities and problems
- Proactively identifies and mitigates for risks associated with very complex assignments
- Balances execution efficiency with risk mitigation
- Empowers others through delegation and champion them as appropriate
- Supports and coaches new members to the team
- Can deliver effective presentations and proposals confidently, including to an executive level
- Provides regular and consistent management oversight and is comfortable dealing with higher management and a variety of stakeholders
- Considered an expert in project management methodology (or holds equivalent experience) and leading change efforts on behalf of the business
- Can make sound decisions in ambiguous or difficult situations, including when under pressure
- Demonstrated track record of successfully planning and managing large/XL projects/assignments from start to finish, either as a whole or as part of a bigger initiative
- Experience leading distributed teams in multiple regions, locations and time zones
- In depth knowledge of the project management lifecycle and methodologies and can apply a variety of tools to meet project/business needs
- Minimum 5+ years hands on project experience
- Will hold PMP or PRINCE2 or other certifications (desirable, not essential)
- Bachelor’s Degree, or related experience
Location & Travel:
- Position is based in Salt Lake City
- Travel requirements will vary with assignments (mainly San Jose). Expect 10 - 15% travel.
Education: Bachelors Degree, or equivalent
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: