Head of Seller Marketing
eBay is one of the world’s largest online marketplaces, connecting people with the things they need and love virtually anytime, anywhere. eBay has 162 million active buyers globally and more than 800 million live individual and merchant listings at any given time, the majority of which is new and fixed-price merchandise. With mobile apps available in 190 countries, eBay delivers a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world.
As part of the eBay Center of Excellence Team, the Seller Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing marketing and communication campaigns targeted to our Americas business sellers.
Campaigns focus on large business priorities.
Reporting into the Senior Director Seller Marketing & Partnerships, the job holder will create awareness of new initiatives and increase adoption of new tools and selling practices in order to increase the overall quality, efficiency and effectiveness of business sellers in America. She/he effectively conveys the advantages of eBay platform features to professional sellers and helps driving satisfaction of business sellers with the platform. The role will be part of a Global Seller Marketing & Communications Team and will work in partnership with the local Americas team.
The job holder manages the Seller Marketing budget and takes care of the Seller Marketing resource planning for America. He/she leads communication agencies and is responsible for identifying the best communication channels to effect seller behavior.
The role is based in San Jose, California, and the candidate is expected to be based their full time.
- Strategic Thinking and Operational Acumen: Must be able to grasp the evolving eBay marketplace strategies and transform them into marketing and communication strategies that are consistent and easily executable. Focus must be on how to transform the big business priorities into marketing and communication campaigns that ultimately drive adoption from sellers.
- Leadership, vertical and horizontal: Ability to envision what seller marketing can add to the business to eBay leaders and peer groups. Ability to lead and motivate internal and external partners. Ability to execute by making the right priority calls and appropriating relevant resources.
- Customer focused: Must be capable of understanding customer needs and translate these into actionable insights. The candidate should be comfortable in understanding the role of eBay in sellers’ business and become a voice for business sellers inside our organization.
- Marketing and Communication: Mastery of marketing and communication frameworks, strategies and templates. The candidate should have experience in planning and executing marketing and communication campaigns to businesses in as many of the following channels as possible – direct mail, onsite marketing, events, B2B PR, social media and collateral.
- Agency management: Experience in briefing and managing marketing communications and design agencies is important both with internal and external agency support teams.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills: Fluent and excellent English skills. Must be able to bridge and create networks and be comfortable in influencing colleagues and peers within the business.
- Ability to handle difficult and uncertain situations: An important part of the communications role is to take leadership and manage issues or crisis that affect professional sellers in America. The candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to quickly grasp facts and to execute a communications plan to mitigate any issues.
- Manage regional seller communications budget: Be proficient with annual budgeting and day to day financial management of the seller marketing budget.
- Over 5 years broad marketing communications experience ideally in a technology or online environment. Experience in Business to Business communication preferred.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence at all levels.
- Strong team player with the ability to foster collaboration, value other perspectives and gain support and buy-in across a wide stakeholder network.
- Works well under pressure, professional and resilient, can do attitude.
- An eBay seller, or experience selling on eBay
- Experience working in a Global team
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: