eBay Premium Services Team Leader
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating a results-oriented and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
About the team:
At the core of everything we do, we ensure that eBay’s customers are front-and-center in all our strategic decisions and that we execute our plans with our customers as our most important priority. The team is comprised of Global Customer Service (GCX), Global Trust, and Global Security and Resiliency organizations, and our Workplace Resources (WPR) function – responsible for eBay’s facilities around the world.
A Team Leader leads and coaches a service delivery team that helps our customers solve problems in the quickest, simplest, most easy way possible ...and make them feel great about eBay along the way. You build robust teams that deliver results by honoring our customers, each other, and the way we work.
This position will be filled as a swing shift with rotating weekends. (2:30-11 pm MT)
- Lead, drive, inspire, empower, and coach your team, individually and collectively, towards achieving world class customer service.
- Manage your operations reviewing reports & dashboards around customer service and employee engagement, determining root cause, and building & executing action plans.
- Partner across GCX with various organizations (within your line of business, across lines of business, workforce management, CS tech, coaching & quality, and others) to reach our organizational goals.
- Develop your coach as a partner to help boost teammate efficiency and performance.
- Stay close to the voice of the customer using side-by-sides as teaching moments within your team and learning moments to anticipate & raise customer needs.
- Host regular one-on-one’s with each teammate individually to learn how they are doing and feeling, discuss goals & priorities, address questions they may have, allow them to share observations or new findings, and provide coaching around performance & career development.
- Deliver consistent performance accountability and coaching; when vital moving to corrective action.
- Lead weekly huddles and team meetings that focus your teammates on key performance metrics, improve team collaboration, and prepare them for new challenges and upcoming changes to the business.
- Handle customer issues
- Is passionate about the customer experience and delivering customer-centric solutions (customer focus).
- Proactively seeks & drives controllable changes in themselves and the team while passionately raising and influencing broader changes needed to improve the teammate and customer experience (owner mentality).
- Consistently achieves or exceeds results even under tough circumstances
- Develops people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals (develops talent).
- Builds a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives and understand the teams' impact on the business (drives engagement).
- Plans & prioritizes work needed to achieve high customer and employee satisfaction (plans & aligns).
- Loves implementing and creating new and better ways for the team and organization to be successful (cultivates innovation).
- Uses sophisticated, high volume, & sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems (manages complexity).
- Uses feedback and reflection to gain insight into personal strengths and opportunities (demonstrates self-awareness).
- Actively learns through experimentation using both successes and failures as learning fodder (nimble learning)
- Prior experience managing & leading direct reports and/or examples of effective leadership of teams (ie Team Leader TDO at eBay or coaching experience at eBay)
- 3+ years of customer service experience
- Prior experience in contact center preferred
- BS/BA degree or educational equivalent preferred
- At least 12 months of experience with Premium Services
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.