CS Incident Response Engineer
- Proactive monitoring of GCX (Customer Experience) tools & Site- Monitoring, Proactively identifying incidents, drive proactive monitoring & alerting with engineering teams
- Take actions on Applications & Infrastructure with Critical Alerts
- Handle critical issues that come into the Command Center including hands on troubleshooting
- Work with global Product Development Teams and Site Operations to resolve P1 issues
- Communication of high impact / mission critical issues to Teammate & Executive Communications
- Very technical, great troubleshooting skills, ability to keep calm in pressured interactions
- Keep up-to-date on Architecture and application engineering to support effectively
- Drive DR & BCP scenarios end to end
- Represent and be the 'voice' of GCX on IT SEV major incidents and P1 crisis calls
- Perform Turnovers to next shift to ensure continuity
- Drive quick restore on bridge engaging technical teams
- Drive postmortems & After Action Reviews for Incidents
- Drive Ops KPIs
- Contribute to playbooks, drive enforcement
- Follow Up on RCA/Restore Actions/Actions to Prevent as Needed
- Weekly Incident Report, Monthly Incident Report
- Coordinate the activities of and provides leadership to others, particularly Command Center staff, Site Reliability Engineering, and Release Management as well as cross functional teams.
- Understand the impact various systems have on the business.
- Provides guidance to others around impact.
- Stay on top of emerging technologies in the industry and provides an opportunity assessment for internal deployments.
- Flexibility to work on the weekend & Swing Shift
- Proven background, experience & education in software and systems
- Hands on experience with Customer Service Technology as well learning agility towards complex of the eBay CS application stack & infrastructure.
- Organized and detailed mind that is as capable of considering the big picture as it is delving into the gritty specifics that define day-to-day troubleshooting.
- Unafraid to take the lead; who understands the importance of process as a means for defining good business practices, rather than as an excuse to avoid ownership and responsibility.
- Confidence in his/her abilities; and who can immediately step into a leadership role, demand the respect of an experienced staff.
- Advanced understanding of technical concepts required for specialized field.
- Advanced in multiple systems technologies in use at eBay for Customer service and exhibit leadership in at least one area of expertise.
- Ability to gain familiarity with all domain technologies to handle any routine task or issue that may occur in day-to-day activities.
- Learn eBay processes and interactions required to provision and support systems for Global Customer Experience.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: