eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world?
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay seeks to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through building, accelerating, and reinventing. The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
We are looking for a Category Manager, Certified Refurbished, to join our Verticals team at eBay. Based remotely, you will help drive success in the Certified Refurbished vertical. If you have an ownership mentality, are able to build cross-functional relationships, and are ready to make an exciting move, we would love to hear from you!
The role is to give to the overall Certified Refurbished vertical strategy as a Category Manager, executing through working with important sellers, brands, retailers, and buyers to make sure eBay has the inventory and experience to grow the business. You and your team will be accountable for the success of your categories.
- Drive category strategy (including pricing, inventory, promotions)
- Lead vertical, horizontal, cultural, and specialized community execution as it relates to the category and our customers
- Monitor critical metrics (pricing, inventory, discoverability, customer satisfaction, gross merchandise volume, etc.) and react to drive business
- Oversee performance and business planning for top sellers, buyers, and 3rd party partners
- Drive strategic product, policy, communications, business development, marketing, and inventory initiatives in a holistic manner to improve buyer & seller satisfaction
- Lead platform feature ideation and adoption for best on-site experience
- Drive eBay onsite and offsite event planning with cross functional teams
- Develop and execute initiatives to fundamentally improve the user experience for our buyers and sellers.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience with increasing responsibility as a business owner in an online retail or marketplace environment. Merchandising or Startup experience valued.
- Prior experience successfully leading and inspiring diverse teams
- Experienced at negotiating win-win outcomes with third parties in complex negotiations
- Execution-driven, growth-oriented, ownership mentality to drive performance against agreed critical metrics
- Deep insight into the digital sector
- Ability to lead groups of individuals effectively and mange cross-functional coordination
- Experience influencing & negotiating with external partners
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Executive-level presentation and communication skills
- Can communicate effectively in large or small group settings
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.