Account Manager, Luxury Watches
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
We are looking for an Account Manager, Luxury Watches to join our Verticals team and be a key contributor on the Watches team at eBay North America!
If you are driven to win, have an ownership attitude, are able to build substantial cross-functional relationships, and are ready to make an exciting move, we would love to hear from you! Not required, but would be outstanding if you also have a passion for, or some knowledge of, the Watches market especially for Luxury Watches.
The role is to help support the Watches category strategy and execute through working with strategically important sellers, buyers and industry specialists to ensure eBay has the inventory and end-to-end experience to grow the business. As the Account Manager of Luxury Watches, you will be accountable for the success of your category.
- Lead all aspects of performance and business planning for your book of business
- Scale up top seller activities by providing constructive business consultation and key business issue diagnosis
- Support seller business growth through timely policy/platform changes update, selling strategy consultation, and key account issues solving
- Investigate the new policies & platform impact to top seller business, and initiate, guide and carry out seller standard methodologies
- Work collaboratively with external and internal resources, including trust & safety team, product management team, marketing team, and business development teams to meet the business targets
- Provide project management experience with the ability to match the resources available according to the seller's status and needs
- Improve seller trust & safety metrics performance through problem identify, issue diagnosis, solution providing and business implementation to grown balanced business
- Intensify purposefully the Trust & Safety consequence on top sellers, and collaborate with sellers to provide better buyer experience
- Identify the key factors of low Trust & Safety performance based on top seller status investigation and extent the standard methodologies to broader seller group
- Provide regularly one-to-one or one-to-many platform related training to managed sellers
- Monitor key performing metrics (pricing, inventory, discoverability, customer happiness, gross merchandise volume, etc.) and react to drive business
- Support platform feature conceptualization and adoption for the best on-site experience
- Drive eBay onsite and offsite event planning with cross functional teams
- Execute initiatives to fundamentally improve the user experience for Watches buyers and sellers.
- Experience in merchandising in retail or consumer products industry. Online experience preferred and/or relationships with key industry players
- Driven and growth oriented, ownership mentality to drive performance against agreed critical metrics
- Influencing & negotiating with internal & external partners
- Strong analytical skills and eye for business in sophisticated data environment; ability to make the data speak volumes about program performance, trends and areas of opportunity.
- Deep insight into the digital sector
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Executive-level presentation and communication skills
- Can communicate optimally in large or small group settings
- Bonus = Passion for Watches with a broader interest in Luxury Watches
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.