Senior Backend Engineer (d/f/m) - Dealer Business
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
About the team:
We are currently looking for a Senior Backend Engineer (d/f/m) for our Dealer Business.
Together with your team you will build phenomenal features enabling dealers to accelerate their business!
We believe in agile, team-defined processes. Together with our product
owner and UX we built outstanding meaningful products. We would like you to be
part of that journey with us.
- As a Tech Lead you will drive architectural decisions within the team’s responsibility and collaborate closely with other teams
- Balance business and technical requirements through strong collaboration with stakeholders
- Build great new products for our dealers in an iterative, test-and-learn driven and scalable way
- Plan, build, drive and improve applications through the entire product lifecycle from specification to running in production
- Be a mentor for other team members
- Several years of professional experience as a Java developer (Java 8/11), Spring/ Spring Boot/ Linux
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and noSQL databases (especially MySQL and MongoDB)
- Experience with Apache Kafka (Elasticsearch would be a plus)
- You worked in cross-functional agile teams and know that responsibility does not end with deployment
- Real passion for clean and beautiful code, with an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- You speak HTTP and REST like your native language
- An ambition to get up to speed with new systems and concepts quickly
- Proficient in English.
German language skills is a big plus
What we offer:
- Meaningful Work: We are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and waste less. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for our users, customers as well as shape the future.
- Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. We empower our teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
- Work-Life Balance: Our people really do come first and we have lots of options for greater work-life balance, including four weeks work from anywhere per year, part-time work, plus an additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
- Growth and Development: We are a global organisation who truly believes in growing our people. To support this we offer lots of development and training opportunities as well as providing a budget for our team members.
- Competitive Compensation: We know that our people are the key to our success and our compensation packages reflect this.
- Connection and Inclusion: Our culture is the
glue that holds us together. We believe in making meaningful connections
and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect
both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
*eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 16 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. As a global network of loved local brands, including eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, Marktplaats in the Netherlands, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 7,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.