Senior UX Researcher (d/f/m)
Looking for a company where you can have an impact? A company where you can have the best of two worlds – an ambitious work environment and an inclusive culture?
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most-visited general classifieds site in Germany and growing at speed. Currently, we have more than 45 million live ads and 35 million unique visitors per month – with the majority on mobile devices. eBay Kleinanzeigen helps people find whatever they’re looking for and every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Customer centricity and passion for our products is what helps us to develop our platform. Our agile environment, regular usability tests, prototyping and multi-functional teams make our product better every single day. If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to build an ambitious and diverse work environment, join eBay Kleinanzeigen.
We are looking for a Senior UX Researcher (d/f/m) to help explore and craft our products and the future of eBay Kleinanzeigen.
As part of the UX team, you will collaborate with a group of passionate UX Designers, Researchers and the cross-functional teams. Providing substantial insights for all parts of our business is our purpose! Doing high-quality research and keeping the needs of Stakeholders in mind is our business!
- Build empathy for our users and professional partners across the organization and identify the perfect balance between user and business value, between pragmatism and quality in research
- Design, conduct and analyze qualitative research projects, including field observations and remote or in-person interviews and usability studies for existing and future products
- Design and conduct quantitative research, including e.g. surveys to evaluate the impact of product changes
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to empower user centric product decisions and team up with different partners within eBay Kleinanzeigen to ensure transparency, and alignment
- Mentor colleagues on UX and research practices to enable them to conduct own studies
- Help implementing quality standards, processes and long term UX Research goals
What we are looking for:
- At least 3 years of experience as a UX Researcher
- Preferred: Master’s degree in HCI, Design, Cognitive Psychology or a related field
- Knowledge and experience conducting inhouse UX research for mobile applications and websites in agile environments
- Strong in qualitative and quantitative research methods and analysis
- Highly effective presentation, empathic communication, and influencing skills to bring the voice of the customer to life
- Preferred: Knowledge in important metrics, such as NPS and CES surveys
- Fluent German and effective English communication skills
What we offer:
- Meaningful Work: We are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and waste less. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for our users, customers as well as shape the future.
- Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. We empower our teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
- Work-Life Balance: Our people really do come first and we have lots of options for greater work-life balance including part-time work, and additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
- Growth and Development: We are a global organisation who truly believes in growing our people. To support this we offer lots of development and training opportunities and provide a budget for our team members.
- Competitive Compensation: We know that our people are the key to our success and our compensation packages reflect this.
- Connection and Inclusion: Our culture is the glue that holds us together. We believe in making meaningful connections and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
*eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, Marktplaats in the Netherlands, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.